REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
bkelble

The day just keeps getting better

bkelble

Well, I posted in the big game section that I got my first buck by hitting it with my Subaru.  I posted in Birddogs that my lab may have Cancer.  Now I am posting that I have about 5500 bucks to replace the Subaru as it is a total loss!!  I think I am just going to crawl into a hole for a few days!  

Oh, and Basketball starts today and I turn 30 Friday.

bobman

You could have cancer..... my point is that no matter how bleak things may seem at the time, it can always be much worse.

Life is a series of peaks and valleys when you seem to be in a valley look forward to the next peak.

DGilmore

First, in all seriousness, I understand and empathize with your loss. Losing a dog is terrible. Finding $5500 can be tough.

But on the bright side, you're thirty years old. What the heck are you complaining about?  

Trust me, as bad as it is to have a dog get cancer, that's way, way, way down on the bad scale. You'll see when you hit your fifties...and you start burying far too many loved ones.  

I've buried dogs and I've cried like a baby once or twice when I lost a good canine pal. But a dog is a dog.

Cheer up. There are other dogs and other cars.  You have a long life time ahead of you to bury more dogs and cars. :D

wcpeabody
I got a buck on Sunday morning with my truck.  The truck has just over 3000 miles on it........

FlyChamps

Ben, sorry to hear about these setbacks.  Crawling in the hole won't help but I've crawled in that hole a few times myself.

If you think 30's bad I'm looking at 60 on January 1st.  But age isn't all bad - my father will be 90 next week and he's still active.

browndog
bummer ... so only thing left now is for things to start getting better ..   some "get better" mojo enroute.

Roost em 1st

ouch!!! Ben, I feel for you. I've been there, where the hole looks like a good place. It aint, but you'll figure that out when it's time. Got an old truck I'd sell, but it needs some tlc. You'll find something decent for 5 grand, is time a factor?

Happy Birthday you monster!

Tell Ally I said hello.

Wyatt

Uplander

Geeze, you guys who hit deer are lucky!  Last week all I bagged was a full sized sheet of sheetrock that flipped up on the highway when an 18-wheeler roared past and smashed into the front of the FJC while I was going...well...fast on Interstate 495.

At least with a deer there's something to eat!   :D

DGilmore
If you marinade that Sheetrock for a few days in mojo criollo sauce and serve it sort of like ceviche, it won't be tasty, but it'll fill you up for sure.  Might not go to the bathroom for the rest of eternity though.

bkelble

Thanks for the kind words and reality checks.  I am doing fine and really just needed to blow off some steam.  I am trying to get all my grades in so I can cut out early and go look at a few cars today.  I would like to have one before Friday to hunt out of, but my rental is covered till the 4th.

I have my eyes on a 98 4runner v6 with 131k and another Subaru 99 with 134k  The 4 runner is right at $6K and the Subaru is $5K.

I really just need the car to last about 4 years.  By then Allison should be out of school, and she can buy me a new car.

I will find out y the end of the week what is going on with Annie.  Whatever happens, we will be chasing grouse Friday- to hell with the rest of it.

Trappercase
Those 4runners are bullet proof

Geeze, you guys who hit deer are lucky!  Last week all I bagged was a full sized sheet of sheetrock that flipped up on the highway when an 18-wheeler roared past and smashed into the front of the FJC while I was going...well...fast on Interstate 495.

At least with a deer there's something to eat!   :D

LOL!  Yeah, a deer on the hood is much better than pick-up halfway into the trunk.

ckfowler180
Wow that all sucks!  Scratch the dog behind the ears, hug the missus and buy another car, or mix those up to better suit your taste!

mshowman

Ben, sorry to hear about your week. Hopefully Annie's issues won't be too bad. As far as the car is concerned, tell yourself that it was about to blow up anyway and fate served you well. Hell, for all you know that may be true!

Let me know if you need a good venison jerky recipe!

Roost em 1st

by all means post that recipe Mike. I was asked to make some and noticed I boned out a ham last year from a buck that is still in the freezer. I was thinking about thawing it this weekend and making some jerky.

Whatever happens, we will be chasing grouse Friday- to hell with the rest of it.

Thats the Ben I met!