REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
bkelble

The day just keeps getting better

John

I have been having some similar troubles buddy, and while it all sucks I know that in my future I will have good days and bad days...I believe the good days will out weigh the bad, by  alot, and would venture to bet they will for you too....but it just doesnt feel like it right now.  Take it all as opurtunity....yea I know my dog may die, is real hard to twist right now, but love that lab, hunt that lab, smile, laugh and cry with your lab and youll start to see what I am talking about....as for suburu, 5500 will not likely get you a replacement, but 5500 is a far step further to doing so than 4000.

your in my prayers bud, it will get better.

Dave Gowdey

Sucks!!  My sympathies.  The car you will be able to deal with.  The dog, well you've got mojo coming from all of us.  UJ mojo is powerful stuff and might solve that situation as well.  

The only advice to give you-since you are just a whippersnapper is:

Have patience.  Have faith.  Things WILL get better.  

Good luck

bkelble

I went and got Annie at 5 today.  She is doing well, fighting with the cat and waiting for Allison to come home from choir.  

I went today and looked at cars.  I found a 03 pathfinder with 52k on it for 11.  I am going to go look at it.  I also found a 95 Nissan pickup extended cab 4x4 with 52k miles on it.  I may go lowball them to see what they say.

I may have to buy a car Friday and hunt Saturday so I can get to the bank.

Bigskytaku
Sure hope things are looking up and the lab is clean. I sure cry my heart out every time one of our dogs or cats dies. And like some others say, once you get the far side of 50, the friends start going all too fast. As for rigs, have had 4Runners and Sub's and both were great. But I go for the Sub's now, since I can take them nearly everywhere a large 4WD will go , they get better mileage and are all around good cars. But I do keep a Toyota Tacoma for cold weather camping and firewooding. Haven't made a clean break with trucks yet! Good luck.

mshowman
by all means post that recipe Mike. I was asked to make some and noticed I boned out a ham last year from a buck that is still in the freezer. I was thinking about thawing it this weekend and making some jerky.

Check your e-mail.

bkelble
I found a car today.  It is a 2000 Subaru Forester like the one I killed the other day.  It is Red instead of green, auto not stick, has 20k fewer miles, heated seats... It is all in all in mush better shape.  In the end it will cost about 200 bucks for all that upgrade.  Things a cretainly looking up.

mshowman
Maybe you ought to buy one of those cow catching grill guards for it. One of the plumbers who works here did that for his Lincoln after the 4th or 5th deer.

bkelble
The thought has crossed my mind.   Thursday 3 kids hit deer on the way to school.  I nearly hit another one in the rental about 100 yards from where I hit the first!  Gun season needs to get here so we can thin ther heard a bit.

ckfowler180

This is why SE SC has no daily bag limit on deer!

Great thet you found another vehicle.  Any chance on keeping the first for parts, up on blocks in the yard of course!

Glad to hear things turned out ok for your lab. Sometimes the not knowing and waiting to hear results is so much worse than knowing what it is and being able to try to deal with it.

And not to make light of your glum mood, but I'm willing to bet the majority of folks on this board would be quite happy to suffer turning 30 (again).  :laugh:

bkelble

Well, the new Subaru is in the driveway right now.   I just got done putting the gear from the old car in the new one.  I took the hitch off the wrecked car since many Foresters do not have them and I am glad I did since the new one does not have one.  This car has none of the dents and dings I concitered badges of honor but I will probably take care of that tomorrow since i am going to the mountains after grouse.  As a bonus, the new Forester came with a set of Yokahama Geolanders!  

I think it will not be till Monday before the lab results are in on Annie. Fingers still crossed there.  

Allison is on gboro for a conference so I am solo tonight.  I did it right with a grilled ribeye, Big Ol' beer, and some Red Dawn for atmosphere with dinner.  Yes, Annie did eat about a third of the steak.

Colon, just because I live in a trailer, on a mountain in NC does not mean I am going to start keeping cars on blocks. :laugh:

Besides, I had to give them the car to afford this one.

I will update with news of Annie or Hunt details soon.

Ben

FlyChamps
Colon, just because I live in a trailer, on a mountain in NC does not mean I am going to start keeping cars on blocks. :laugh:

Ben, just wait!  It won't be long before you'll have something on blocks in your yard and be saying y'all.  Then we'll have converted you into a real southern boy.  Heck, we live in the middle of Columbia with no way to get a vehicle into our little back yard - so I put my canoe on sawhorses back there just for some southern ambiance.

Glad the vehicle worked out OK 'cause it's hard to beat a Forester, I love mine.  We're pulling for Annie to be OK too.

Jeff Kimball

I hope everything works out for the best...

Regards,

~Jeff

bkelble

Does a non running JD tractor work instead of a car on blocks?  I have one of those out by the road.

I hunted for about 4 hours today, it got up near 70 and I almost got snakebit.  I did not get to see what it was as it went under a stump, but methinks it was a copperhead. I was busy jumping and looking to see where Annie was to get a good look. That was when we called it a day.

FlyChamps
Does a non running JD tractor work instead of a car on blocks?  I have one of those out by the road.

Ben, you're well on the way to becoming a southerner.