REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
erik meade

U.J. A respite from politics

BradSouth
True story.

My friend Pat Berry and I don't much like the three candidates running for guv in this fine state. Some of it's political, some of it's personal. Some of it also happens to be that this guv race was decided long before it even started.

So....Pat is voting for me. I'm voting for him. Anybody else want their name written in? I trust the people here on UJ a hell of lot more than I trust any politician.

True story.

The local Gannet owned rag here, usually print the results and include the write in ballots from the official record, but this year they didn't have my votes in the record.

I wrote in pat berry for the US house nomination, and also my dog the for the us senate, reasoning was I can trust my dog for 6 years pat we need to keep him on a shorter leash hence the house with only a 2 year term was a better fit.

Matt Crawford

Which Gannett rag is that?

And by the way...we'll have to trust your dog for 42 dog years if elected.

Alan Briere

A Gannett rag is what gannetts wipe their butt with . . . butt you will have to wait for the actual bright light to wash away all your memories of this conversation . . .

What conversation . . . look into the light . . . no . . . Brad, they won't look intooooo . . . the liiiighht . . .how pretty

nobirdshere
I think it sucks. It is a shame the "private forum" didn't survive to see the election. Where else on the Interweb can one go to debate politics?

rprovines

John, please lose the Spiderman, he looks so ......

From a blue Indiana, your pal,

Ron

BradSouth

Its the Knoxville news Sentinel I say that because its just a (AP) report that is all they do a few days late is take ap reports and post them.

WindyHills
I'd agree but it ain't always true that political comments are removed...I pointed one out the other day and it's still there.

StormsGSP
John, please lose the Spiderman, he looks so ......

John is expressing himself through interpretative dance Ron. Don't be so judgmental. sheesh...

SydneyWI

Nope, not here, got too many blue tree huggers in the south of the state that block all the efforts by the RGS and Purdue U to do cuttings as it is. Hoosier grouses is doomed. I'll be lucky if I can cut firewood in my own woodlot.

I've driven through Indiana several times. I don't remember seeing a tree. What town is it in?

Matt Crawford

Its the Knoxville news Sentinel I say that because its just a (AP) report that is all they do a few days late is take ap reports and post them.

More of that to come, Brad. Layoffs coming (10 percent gone in the next six weeks) at all Gannett properties. Oh, and the paper is going to be 10 percent smaller, too. I bet they just raised the price to 75 cents? If not, they will. Smaller paper, less news, bigger price. Smart, eh?

Wingman

I respect Brad's decision to moderate political comment because many of the posters here may not agree with me on all things political but at the same time, concerning birds and dogs and hunting I have the deepest respect for their views.

Perhaps Brad should be President.

Now he can lock the thread, since I've made a political statement.

bigjohnsd
I'm not allowed to vote anymore since they passed that new law that your IQ has to be at least as high as your waist size! I figure if I start fasting right now I'll be OK for 2012!  :D

Awesome new rule - I'll never get to vote again either!!

WindyHills
posts deleted due to editing ....

lee sykes
Not sure it's always Brad doing the moderating.

But Brad is the Decider.