REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
BradSouth

Weather northern Neb Dakotas

BradSouth
I had planed on hitting northern Neb and then hitting South Dakota for a few days next week. What is the weather like I am seeing snow on the maps? how bad is it.

There's a SD weather post on the other forum. It has the potential to be really bad depending on where you're going and where the snow ends up. Early this morning parts of western SD already had over 30 inches. Thankfully it's stayed west of the river thus far. Should know more by tomorrow...and I hope even if we get a bunch that it will melt pretty quick.

Where you headed?

Joe

Brad Adrian

Snowing and blowing hard now at my place 12 miles west of Mitchell, and they are in the process of closing the interstate.

But, it is still early November, and the ground is not frozen yet. I would guess the snow will be gone by Monday.

BradSouth
I was going to head out of here on Wed by myself and and hit the sandhills thursday in Nebraska say a few days and then head north and hit the Ft Pierre Grasslands. My goal is to drop out of my daily life here and walk around for a few days with the dog and a gun hoping for the best. Have they get the crops in yet? no real plans.