REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
SydneyWI

The end?

Rex Hoppie
Damm, I missed it when SHTF. I told you the villagers would rise up, led by that hinky mayor. Ah well, back to my book. I'm sure there's a plethora of 'look at my funny dog photos', 'I saw this Greater Billed Dinkadoo and had the camera..', 'my dog took a **** backwards, what should I do?', 'What's the best XXXX', 'best/worse pickup', 'isn't this tree lovely?', and 'I get the warm/fuzzies when XXX' threads to keep us going. Add a little bad poetry and I'm there.

I, too, am relieved. Yessiree, relief, that's the ticket.

Relieved?  Did you feel some bit of responsigility?  Relieved that you do not have to get home and log on so you can keep up?

rprovines

Good man Rex, those guys on that thread were nuts, you couldn't trust their link/videos.

2 things do bother me a bit though; (a) football season is not yet ended, and (b)where do we look for and debate genius now? &$%*~!

rprovines
Rex, no, I feel no responsigility.

StormsGSP
What were the final posts?

SydneyWI
I posted something about my wife using a lame Christmas sweater as punishment around 11:30ish last night and this morning, there it was, gone. The whole thing. I can only hope it was saved in cyberspace somewhere to be viewed later. I think it was all the fishing talk that finally did it in. I mean, this is a hunting board fercripessake.

mschaefer
I thought that the sweater comment was directed at me per the ugly !#%% sweater my wife makes me wear each Christmas.  I alluded to the fact that that was probably why my wife made me wear it and that I thought that I'd been Eden'ed (per his being tricked into making lasagna by his wife).  Maybe Brad wanted to be left out of it.  If I played any part in the downfall of the mighty Genius thread, I apologize!  By the way, I made that post late this morning, so as of probably 10:30 Central time it was still there.

Wingman

Whatcha talkin' 'bout, Lewis???!!!

Not sure Ben, but I think the genius thread reached enough mass that the laws of physics made it turn into a black hole and disappear.

rprovines

and this morning, there it was, gone.

What?

HEY! I friggin' told you how to fix that sweater, if you've still got it in the closet it's because you're deathly afraid of wife. Which means that you have common sense, and probably have never been divorced, unlike some of us that when we get a sweater we don't like look at it and say, "WTF were you thinking? Is it the menopause,honey? Body chemistry raising hell with your thought processes?"

SydneyWI

I thought that the sweater comment was directed at me per the ugly !#%% sweater my wife makes me wear each Christmas.  I alluded to the fact that that was probably why my wife made me wear it and that I thought that I'd been Eden'ed (per his being tricked into making lasagna by his wife).  Maybe Brad wanted to be left out of it.  If I played any part in the downfall of the mighty Genius thread, I apologize!  By the way, I made that post late this morning, so as of probably 10:30 Central time it was still there.

Of course it was directed at you. That's what made it, well, genius. (IMHO, YMMV, LoL)

Thanks for crashing my dream of having the last word in the thread though. Wonder what Crowtoed will offer as a closing gift for shutting down his thread?

I wouldn't apologize though mshuffler, if you were the cause I think there would be a long list of folks who would throw you a party. A nice internet, virtual reality cyberspace kinda party.

Rex Hoppie
When my wife bought me a sweater I always told her it looked warm.

Roost em 1st

circles

see signature

Pat Berry

I blame Crawford. Period.

Lon, you suck. Wussbag.

nobirdshere

To deal with the void, I attempted to go see Gran Torino. It was sold out, even though it was showing on two separate screens and I was actually 10 minutes early. Good for Clint. The guy is a brilliant director and this looks like another great film.

Oh, I blame Crawford as well.

brueggemanns
Me too.