• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Breakfast Boy

OFFICIAL THREAD FOR UJ PIPE SMOKERS!

flint

Lots o nice ones in these collections.  It's amazing how nice a basket pipe can smoke.

I'm sick as a dog right now, but will try to remember to photograph my small collection when I drag my ass out of the office and quit being a martyr.

North Dakota Hntr

Nice pipes but you guys are getting your butts kicked in the bar fight.

:blues:

PartridgeCartridge

I still smoke a pipe on occasion, and would not have a problem smoking another man's pipe.

Not that there is anything wrong with that Ben.

jmooney
Speaking of other people's pipes AKA estate pipes, what, if anything, do you guys do to clean or prep them before smoking?

ecs
Grain alcohol

FlyChamps

Grain alcohol

Yep, drink enough grain alcohol and some of y'all might smoke another man's pipe.

Hmmm.... Well I haven't smoked out of a pipe since I was about 17, but at that time I had one of the original Graffix. It was a 3 footer, and I bought onew from the first run of black ones. These were the old ones when Graffix were still glued into an old Campbells soup can. The only problem with the original black ones was that they were opaque black, and you could never tell how much water was in there. Sometimes if the water was too low, you could get a pull off that baby that would cauterize your larynx. They later upgraded the black ones to a transparent black that you could actually see the water level. Now if I was on the go, I was a big fan of the original Steamroller. Granted a glass pipe was a bit fragile, but you could juggle it around and still pull gears on a 4-speed once you got the hang of it. The worst problem with those steamrollers was you could fishbowl a car mighty fast.....  :blush:

12ette
Just received the "Shortcut to Mushrooms".  I must say it is damn good.  Tastes like a campfire and dark loamy soil of a forest.  You can tell the mushrooms give it the earthy flavor and aroma, but the latakia is certainly the backbone.

Grain alcohol

Yep, drink enough grain alcohol and some of y'all might smoke another man's pipe.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

That made me laugh for a good while!!!

Nice collections guys.. I love the smell of pipe smoke..

Bloodhound

What is the official drink of pipe swmokers...the cigar smokers seem to have laid claim to scothc...do we pip smokers drink bourbon, brandy, gin, vodka????

I like a little Makers Mark or Ezra Brooks with a nice bowl full and some quiet time on the deck...

ccavacini

Read off a can of McClelland's.....Blackwoods Flake

"The natural sweetness of mellow red Virginias aan the richness and inherently spicy aroma of stoved black Virginias combine in the beautiful, mottled flake.  Doubly aged, smooth, balanced."

Damn, don't know whether to smoke it or roll around in it.

Then, of course, this:  "WARNING: This product contains/produces chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm."

I guess I'm ok smoking it in Indiana.

R. D. Gattis

Only pipe photo I have at this time……..at a friend’s cabin near White River NF in Colorado after an extended elk hunt in 1984.  Smoking a Savinelli as I type this……I have smoked pipes since 1963.  My favorite is a W.O. Larson I bought at an estate sale many years ago.  

BobsCabin1984.jpg

Fin2Feather

IMG_0782.jpg

A favorite Peterson's and a favorite 'baccy.

jmooney
What is the official drink of pipe swmokers...the cigar smokers seem to have laid claim to scothc...do we pip smokers drink bourbon, brandy, gin, vodka????

I like a little Makers Mark or Ezra Brooks with a nice bowl full and some quiet time on the deck...

I usually go with Irish Whiskey when I'm smoking and drinking.  Standby's are Jameson and Tullamore Dew.  I tend to prefer the Irish to the Scotch either way though.

jmooney
IMG_0782.jpg

A favorite Peterson's and a favorite 'baccy.

Nice Pete!  My Peterson is my favorite as well.  

Can you describe that tobbac a bit?  I've never heard of it but the name is intriguing.