REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Briarscratch

My wife needs a mini-van.

bigkev

We bought the Honda. Picking it up today. The navigation system is really neat, it includes a camera view of the back when the car is placed into reverse.

Thanks for all of the congrats. Looks like it is a girl. I may have to get a male dog to get some more testosterone in the house.

Ron, In nine months you will need to buy yourself a really nice SxS.

Thanks for all of the congrats. Looks like it is a girl.

man, one really has to dig through some strange topics and get through a lot of odd stuff to find this kind of detail in uj.... :D

congrats kev.....(on the new baby addition, not the mini-van.... :) )  

however was also shocked by the reference to Ron and 9 months so did some serious backstroking to find out what brought that comment out....phew...

northwoods

I drive a Toyota Tundra and my wife drives the Toyota Sienna AWD.  Awesome car.  She got it fully loaded and it is amazing.  I love driving it.  Very comfortable, and so, SO much room for stuff inside.  Awesome vehicle.  

As for the ego issue; real men don't worry about being real men.

Briarscratch
As for the ego issue; real men don't worry about being real men.

Damn straight!

and there's nothing wrong with being driven around by an attractive woman...it gives me a chance to pay her back for all of the back seat driving she did in the past.  I'm getting really good at stomping on that phantom break pedal.

jmooney
however was also shocked by the reference to Ron and 9 months so did some serious backstroking to find out what brought that comment out....phew...

OMG...Ron's pregnant??  Is it John's?

Jim

jmooney
We bought the Honda. Picking it up today. The navigation system is really neat, it includes a camera view of the back when the car is placed into reverse.

Thanks for all of the congrats. Looks like it is a girl. I may have to get a male dog to get some more testosterone in the house.

Ron, In nine months you will need to buy yourself a really nice SxS.

Congrats Kev!!  I know what you mean about the testosterone levels.  It's me, Carol, Carmella, Shady the female ES, and Hunter the fixed male ACS (and he's a little metro is ya ask me)

Jim

B du B

I'm getting really good at stomping on that phantom break pedal.

That's funny.  

Can't tell you how many times we've finished a long drive with my wife at the wheel, only to have my right leg be stiff from constantly reaching for the phantom brake pedal!

Greg - though I have nothing but respect for your earlier struggles, I think you may be a little too far removed from those times if you truly can't understand why people feel compelled to finance cars.

The days of the sub-$1000 junker are long since history.  Used car lots only charge less than $3000 for cars which either don't run or won't for long.  For the average American making $35-40,000, sinking almost 10% of your (gross!) annual income into an automobile with no warranty that will soon need additional repairs is a no-win, when you shortly may need to do so again.  So people swap the uncertainty for a higher-priced, (hopefully) more reliable vehicle, which of course requires financing.

That being said, an awful lot of people insist on driving more car than they can sensibly afford.  Have done that the past few years myself, a problem I will be fixing shortly.

RookieEP

Congrats BigKev on the baby news,

Now you can add waypoints to the Honda so it can drive to the grouse woods on autopilot while you sleep.  

:cool:

Phatom brake? whats that?  I need a phantom cruise control for my wife.  speed up, slow down, speed up, slow down, speed up, slow down.  Hey didn't we pass and get repassed by that Town&Country MiniVan 7 times by now??  Looks to be heading to IA.   :D

Greg Hartman

OK.  I stand corrected about the need for financing cars.  I’ve (once again) learned something here on UJ.

Times have changed and I’ve gotta change my views with them.  I am aware that although it was tough getting started and raising a family when I did it, it is much tougher now in this increasingly crowded and dangerous world.  I'm glad I was not born later than I was.

The fact remains, though, that there are lots of people, of all social-economic classes and ages out there who spend money they do not have on things that they perceive as needs (but are not really “needs”) and get themselves and their families in trouble.  It is not uncommon for their problems to become our problems.

speed up, slow down, speed up, slow down, speed up, slow down

That was you?

rprovines

jmooney Posted on Jan. 05 2006,12:26

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (Fred Lauer @ Jan. 06 2006,10:05)

Yer a sick man, Mooney. Thought we were on better terms than that.

jmooney

jmooney Posted on Jan. 05 2006,12:26

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (Fred Lauer @ Jan. 06 2006,10:05)

Yer a sick man, Mooney. Thought we were on better terms than that.

I'm just joshin with ya buddy, sorry I couldn't resist.  Sense of humor has been a little off latly with everything going on.

Jim

Jim,

my take is rons just joshin with you.  wish you all would start using emoties and we wouldnt have this bitter struggle ....

:)

rprovines
And you, Mr. Lauer, have yours comin'. Just wait and see.

you dog provines.....heck now i gotta be nice to ya.

(on uj you cant get a nicer compliment than being called a dog) i added that instead of you know who.  man thats a lot of typing instead of a click to the left....