A tahr hunting PE

Matt Crawford
Nice PE, goober.  Glad to see you didn't opt for the shorts and gaiters like your buddy did.

That's gaytors...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StormsGSP

• Briarscratch

• PartridgeCartridge

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah yeah yeah, I kinda knew it would evolve into this. Short shorts are the style here, I'm not sure why. Pete is a good dude and one helluva hunter. Don't be jealous.

I'll work on the other assignments. Not...

When I lived in Kodiak Alaska I hunted with a backpack, carried muslin game bags & boned out the deer & mountain goats (shot on Kenai penninsula) I got. Never packed out any bone. The meat yield on a deer is 30% tops w/o bone.

How hard to find a place to hunt european red deer? Liscensing cost for a US type just visiting?

Correct me if I'm wrong, NZ authorities don't care if you shoot & walk away from the entire animal.

When I lived in Kodiak Alaska I hunted with a backpack, carried muslin game bags & boned out the deer & mountain goats (shot on Kenai penninsula) I got. Never packed out any bone. The meat yield on a deer is 30% tops w/o bone.

How hard to find a place to hunt european red deer? Liscensing cost for a US type just visiting?

Correct me if I'm wrong, NZ authorities don't care if you shoot & walk away from the entire animal.

I didn't have any game bags, like an idiot. Going to get some soon.

There is a LOT of public land with red deer on it, just don't expect what you see in magazines. All the deer you see in magazines are behind a high fence. You can find good heads (14 point+) but it takes a LOT of looking. All big game hunting here is FREE, if you hunt on public land you just need a free pass issued by the DOC.

You are correct on the last point, you can shoot and leave it if you want.

Pete is good, dude, and one helluva lover. Don't be jealous of the sheep.

Ummm, yea, maybe you misunderstood exactly what we meant by New Zealand hotties. You know, the kind we think are hot. Think flyfishing like Rookie.

I still can't get past the $200 hunting trip.....

Who cares what the "score" is! The hunt that is the REAL trophy. Keep hunting, fishing and hiking Alex, you may never get back!

I want to see some giant  rainbow and brown trout next.  Ignore those hooligan posts, dem boyz are just jealous that your living the high life..

my12950.jpg