favorite fish to eat

casts_by_fly

so many good ones, so little time.  I miss the fresh fish that I could get in the NY/NJ area.  Tuna isn't common (or cheap) over here.  Bluegills are nonexistant and most of the freshwater fish aren't edible.  The ones that are you don't catch in the catch and keep areas.  I don't like trout or salmon.  I do have a saltwater trip planned for May, so I'll be stocking up on cod, ling, and various other delicacies.

For me, I would have to put fresh grilled tuna (med-rare) or bluegill/crappie on top of the list depending on my mood.  Monkfish is up near the top also.

Thanks,

Rick

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rprovines

• Briarscratch

• Backlash

In no particular order………..

Salmon – prepared simply, maybe some butter and lemon on the grill or steamed

Any Shellfish – Lobster, mussels, shrimp, scallops, oysters, etc.

Tuna & Swordfish steaks done right, grilled or raw for the tuna, grilled with lemon or Cajun for the Swordfish

Any flakey white fish (except the mysterious “Schrod or Scrod” which refers to any number of random fish) like sea bass, striper etc. steamed or fried

Bluefish grilled……….watch the oil go up in flames…………

I have not eaten too much freshwater fish, which I’ll have to change this summer.

Love the seafood, too bad Nancy doesn’t go for it as much as I do.

1.  Any trout with pink meat.

2.  Yellow perch

3.  Ahi tuna.

4.  Walleye

5.  Since I live in Texas,  catfish.

Fresh Water,

Trout by the stream

Yellow Perch

Salt Water,

Fresh Fluke

Totaug

Striper

Seal is kind of like fish, isn't it?  

eatseal.jpg

Purty sure it is, like turkeys and whitetails, kill 'em all, make dinner and jackets out of 'em.

BrettBryan71

tough question, there are so many good ones.

Freshwater, My favorite is Crappie.

Saltwater, I have a lot, swordfish, amberjack, mahi mahi, yellowfin tuna are the ones that come to mind.  

I love to eat good fish :)

I like fish a lot. Most types are good. My favorite though is  undoubtedly steel head. Baked in tinfoil with a little butter added.

Catfish......

Each Friday night after work, Bubba would fire up his outdoor grill and cook a venison steak. But, all of Bubba's neighbors were Catholic. And since it was Lent, they were forbidden from eating meat on Friday.The delicious aroma from the grilled venison steaks was causing such a problem for the Catholic faithful that they finally talked to their priest. The Priest came to visit Bubba, and suggested that he become a Catholic..

After several classes and much study, Bubba attended Mass...and as the priest sprinkled holy water over him, he said, 'You were born a Baptist, and raised a Baptist, but now you are a Catholic.' Bubba's neighbors were greatly relieved, until Friday night arrived, and the wonderful aroma of grilled venison filled the neighborhood. The Priest was called immediately by the neighbors, and, as he rushed into Bubba's yard, clutching a rosary and prepared to scold him, he stopped and watched in amazement.

There stood Bubba, clutching a small bottle of holy water which he carefully sprinkled over the grilling meat and chanted: You wuz born a deer, you wuz raised a deer, but now you a catfish

Catfish......

There are only two things in this world that taste like catfish and catfish is one of 'em.

Red Stripe Rod

I didn't see this, so I'll add smoked bluefish.

In 1977 I went to spend a few days at a friend's house on Montauk Point, Long Island.  He went fishing with his dad the day before, and they were in the process of smoking about 30 nice sized bluefish in their backyard smoker.  That was some GREAT eating!!!!!

I didn't see this, so I'll add smoked bluefish.

In 1977 I went to spend a few days at a friend's house on Montauk Point, Long Island.  He went fishing with his dad the day before, and they were in the process of smoking about 30 nice sized bluefish in their backyard smoker.  That was some GREAT eating!!!!!

What the #&!! do you know about good eating?  You don't know $#!+ about seafood except may some panfish in a MI backwater...or is that Pinkwater?  Really, cut it out with that bluefish carp.  So after the way you spent the '60's you expect anyone to believe you remember anything about '77?

Hugs,

1) Striped Bass

2) Yellow Perch

3) Crappie

4) Walleye

5) Bluegills

6) Flounder/Fluke

7) Northern Pufferfish

8) Trout