favorite fish to eat

1. Yellow Perch

2. Blue Gill

3. Walleye

4. Crappie

5. Small Mouth Bass (Only in Spring or Winter)

6. Catfish

7. Northern

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rprovines

• Briarscratch

• Backlash

Make mine freshly caught (like a few minutes or so before they hit the fire) silver salmon, or Dolly Varden, or Sheefish. Catch these fish on a fine fly rod with one of your own home-tied flies, in a wild place far from any other camp and reachable only by another river floater or a float plane, cooked slowly over a driftwood fire, wrapped in aluminum foil with butter, onion, and seasoning, and served to like-minded friends hunkered down near the fire and exhausted from a long day of floating, fishing, and camp making; men and women who really appreciate wild fish taken fairly in wild places, and cooked and eaten in a place where wolves, grizzly bears and other wild creatures smell your meal, and you, and lurk just beyond your camp, off in yonder willows.

Jim

Make mine freshly caught (like a few minutes or so before they hit the fire) silver salmon, or Dolly Varden, or Sheefish. Catch these fish on a fine fly rod with one of your own home-tied flies, in a wild place far from any other camp and reachable only by another river floater or a float plane, cooked slowly over a driftwood fire, wrapped in aluminum foil with butter, onion, and seasoning, and served to like-minded friends hunkered down near the fire and exhausted from a long day of floating, fishing, and camp making; men and women who really appreciate wild fish taken fairly in wild places, and cooked and eaten in a place where wolves, grizzly bears and other wild creatures smell your meal, and you, and lurk just beyond your camp, off in yonder willows.

Jim

That sounds great to me!

--------------------

Joel, you are too kind.