Your first car.

Trappercase

I don't know if it's been covered.

My second year of university I had a 1979 Rabbit Diesel. Froze my arse off waiting for those glow plugs to turn off.

What was your first car that was your own?

verdeezy_s.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trappercase

• Brad Eden

• Ben Hong

1980 Dodge D150.  

8 track, no power steering, old man metal cap.  Slant 6.  

This truck could not race a sick whore to the john, but it would just keep going.  

I miss that ugly eyesore...

82553363.jpg

1994 GMC Sierra K1500 Z71 - It was my high school graduation present from my grandfather, I got when I was 17, ordered from the factory rather than off the lot.

He was a GM Salaried employee for 35 years so he bought it with his discount and his stock dividends made the payments.  Thank God I'm not in high school now, I'd be walking everywhere.

I sold it, and never should have.  Damn I miss that truck.

1962 Mercury Comet...it did not look this good, but it was this color. I rebuilt the engine...I think it had 70k miles on it and was shot. Cars back then didn't go as far as they do now.  If a car got 100K on it, everyone in the neighborhood wanted to know what you did to get there.

1960-1963-mercury-comet-3.jpg

ckfowler180
Honda CB650 with no baffles in the pipes.  Drove that for almost 2 years before getting something with doors.  Winter was not pleasant.
I bought my first car with my own money back in 1963. It was a red 1960 Austin Healey Sprite, yes "Old Frog Eyes".
M V McDonald

1961 Ford...something.  Big ol' wide boat that some farmer had painted with a brush and roller.  Got it for $100.  No parking gear so I had to use the E-Brake the release of which had a pair of vice grip pliers clamped onto it.  Yea, she was a beauty.  Traded her a year later - got my hundred back - on a '66 Ford Galaxy 500 convertable, my first chick magnet.

Mike

WIPartridge

'87 Buick Century with an '85 front clip.  

And ohhh yes...I had a system in it!  Had a Blaupunkt receiver, with 2 10" JL Audio Subs with a 500W Phoenix Gold amp bumpin' them.  Rattled the crap out of the trunk!  Ahh the good ol' days.

My first car was a 1968 Mustange coupe. It had a 289 V-8 with an automatic and deluxe interior. I had chrome slot rims with 10 inch tires on the back. Thought I was cool *%#$.

$250.00.  Drove it north to college.  It died and was laid to rest a year later in the northwoods.

Ken

1965 Buick Skylark gold with a black roof and a nice wide back seat :D

Car I wish I had kept was the second a 240Z that car had wings.