Your first car.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trappercase

• Brad Eden

• Ben Hong

'66 Ford Mustang GT coupe, white with a red interior. They wanted $1,700 for it but all I had was $1,400 so they sold it for that, including tax and title. That was in '69. It was a nice car until some guy came left of center in a Lincoln.

'77 Camaro.....16 yrs old, in High School and I thought I was "all that & a bag of chips."

Washed the car almost every day and probably waxed it once a week all summer long. Man, I just loved tooling around in 'er.

Cheers,

T2

1966 Old's F-85 (like a Cutless), white 2 door, put some mags and a new radio in it and I was free bird!!

Only paid $1500 for it and had it for 10 years before I sold it for $1500. Not a bad deal!

1967 VW Beetle in White-bought used and abused. The last year they had the bowtie bumpers and distinguished from earlier models by thin trim strips on sides. POS but I loved it despite the bag of nickles sounding engine and no floorboards thus no heat. I remember well putting in new points and plugs every couple months just so it had enough power to climb a slight grade.
1975 K5 4 x 4 Blazer in some sort of puke green, white combo, the heat didn't work, the back window would not go down but I built a cooler into the center console, and it was great on dates at the drive in  LOL :devil:
thornvalley

1968-coupe-green.jpg

This isn't the exact car, but it's pretty freakin close...though this one is MUCH nicer.

Kelley Green 68 Mustang Coupe with a non-stock 351W, old skool Cragar SS's with 50s on the back (with requisite air shocks pumped WAY up).

It looked pretty good to a 16 year old, but in reality it was full of bondo and the you could see the road through the floor boards. I could have cared less. Bought with my own hard earned money...$1200....plus another couple hundred for the Cragars and white letter 50s.

Breakfast Boy
My grandparents co-signed a loan for my first car, so I didn't have much of a choice in vehicles.  Got a 1981 Chevette.  Four door, 4 speed and an AM radio.  Oh yeah, I was pimpin.  Ended up totalling that car when a lady pulled out in front of me.  Then I got a '78 Camaro.  Much better.
Some of you guys had some friggin cool cars. With my own $2600 bought a used 1990 Oldsmobile Calais.

the first car I drove was a 1987 ford ranger 2.0l manual transmission with radio delete.  It was the absolute cheapest truck my Dad could find, I think it was less than $5k new.  

The first vehicle in my name was a 1986 Merkur XR4Ti, otherwise known as the most horrible vehicle ever made.

1957 chevrolet--not the Bel Air unfortunately but the mid range model, the Two Ten.  Not a 'hardtop' either but still a two door and a nice little  283V-8.