Sign in to follow this  
gselkhunter

NHL

calgaryrookie
I don't know very much about hockey but have been absolutely captivated by Ovechkin.

Easy to be captivated by him, and he does produce an inordinate amount of highlight videos, but frankly he hasn't played well as he should or could in the playoffs so far. He has some very good team mates he should be using. WAY too many instances where he tries to beat 3 or 4 players himself. He can probably do it more than any other player, but it's not very effective in the playoffs. He has nearly double the shots of anyone else on the team, but many of them should have been passes.

Ben Hong

Except for the SJ vs. Ducks series, all of my predictions came true for the first round, so I'll try again for the second round:

Bos. vs Carolina. Seasons record notwithstanding, I like the 'Canes because they are a different team after Maurice took over as coach. After seeing Ward in the NJ series, he is primed. Canes in 7. Boston will not run roughshod like they did against Montreal.

Wash. vs Pitts. Firepower against firepower makes this the hardest series to call.The Rangers gave the Caps a scare and exposed a few weaknesses. Fleury has gone to the well once before, Varlamov is a raw unknown. Flip a coin, but I call the Pens in 6 but could be the reverse.

Detroit will have their hands full with the Ducks, maybe a little too full. I am going out on a limb and say that the Ducks will prevail in 7. I made a mistake in dissing the Ducks in the first round but , it's the Niedermeyers, Prongers vs. Osgood/Nogood.

Vancouver vs. Chicago. Luongo is the big deal here but I have seen Chicago mature in the first round and I LOVE the Chicago kids. Sentimentally, Hawks in 5.

spice64

Ben Your Being a little ruff on My wings. I think They are better than last year and Hossa was the finnishing touch. I dont care if they put Cheli betwixt the pipes The wings take it in 5. "This will be the stanley cup"

I'll take boston in 7. Could be a bloodbath and You might have Me here.

Caps vs pens like You say flip a coin. I like what Ovech is doing getting the caps rolling, He's pretty hungry and federov is putting the puck on net so I'll take the caps in 7

Hawkes in 5.

I cant Wait.

calgaryrookie
Hawkes in 5.

four straight now?   :glare:

Ben Hong
Hawkes in 5.

Funny, I thought that the Hawks would win the opener as a long layoff usually hurts a team. But the Hawks' offense served to make a game of it. I still call for Chi. to win the series though.

spice64
It was just My opinion , doesnt mean it was a good one :p Anyway who knows Teyre not down by 2 YET. By the way wings lost Rafalski to an injurie. Can I recant?

spice64
Oh My god the wings are replacing Rafalski with Cheli.  :O I could be wrong on My picks across the board.

calgaryrookie
Oh My god the wings are replacing Rafalski with Cheli.  :O I could be wrong on My picks across the board.

Anyone seen him play lately? I mean, can he still play????? He's 47 years old! Getzlaf's gonna run him for sure.

Someone forgot to tell the Cane's they were playing tonight!!!

spice64

Anyone seen him play lately? I mean, can he still play????? He's 47 years old! Getzlaf's gonna run him for sure.

Nothing but dead weight at this point. Its getting embarressing now.

Think Fleury may be the difference for the series -- he essentially won 2 of the games v the Phlyers.

GO PENS!!!

Steve Hunts
Great game by the hawks tonight to tie the series.  Now they get to play at home.  They looked awful in the 1st period though.  Guess they just weren't warmed up yet!

Ben Hong
Hawkes in 5.

After tonight's waxing by Chicago, the 'Nucks look like they're very vulnerable. Salo may be out (ouch!) I love those big young Hawks.

Missed that Pens/Caps game, but it sounded like a barnburner!

John
good hockey.

The Pens/Caps game was really good but with of course, a bad result (from my perspective).  Long stretches of uptempo hockey with no stoppages was the rule for at least the 1st period.  

Here's what you missed Ben:

Period 1 - Pens out skate, out hit & out shoot the Caps so of course, the end of period score is Caps 2-1.

Period 2 - Caps reverse the Period 1 stats so of course, Pens tie the game 2-2.

Period 3 - Pens outplay Caps but Caps score a goal, Caps win 3-2.

Oh yeah - Period 2, Caps goalie makes the best stop of the playoffs so far -- a miraculous save denying Crosby of an open net from one of the best pass-pass-pass-shoot set-ups you will ever see.