NHL

That save by the Caps' goalie will be on the highlight reels for a decade! More amazing because it was not an "accidental" stop, the guy was actually looking at the puck.
  • Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ben Hong

• John

• calgaryrookie

gselkhunter

Dam I had to shut down the TV after the second OT period and I missed the end. You could see the Wings losing steam and the Ducks starting to press. They said the Wings had never won an overtime game in the playoffs against the Ducks, still standing.

The Canes are for real Ben. That little 9 game streak at the end of regular season should have worried a lot of people.

Dam I had to shut down the TV after the second OT period and I missed the end. You could see the Wings losing steam and the Ducks starting to press. They said the Wings had never won an overtime game in the playoffs against the Ducks, still standing.

The Canes are for real Ben. That little 9 game streak at the end of regular season should have worried a lot of people.

If, and I mean IF the Pens can get by the Caps, I am more concerned about facing the Canes than the Bruins, who are already formidible enough.  There are no bad series going on right now, no clear outcomes, anyone can get there.  See no easy paths for anyone.  Right now I'm rooting for the PENS and everyone else in the East to lose; in the West, am rooting for everyone but them Wings.  D@mn them Osgooders!

GO PENS!!

I don't know much about hockey, but man oh man what a game tonight between the Caps and Pens.  I was glued to the TV watching Ovechkin and Crosby duel and both ended up with hat tricks.  The intensity of both sides was impressive and I was amazed at some of the saves that the kid Varlamov made. I guess this is what Ben calls 'Fire Wagon Hockey'. Ovechkin has had me watching more and more hockey but tonight was awesome.  I almost feel bad for Crosby getting a playoff hat trick but losing and having to answer questions about the other guy who scored a hat trick and won.  I'll be watching game 3.
WOW!! How often does a player dominate a playoff game, score a hatrick and end up losing? I know, when a guy like Ovechkin does the same thing for the winning side. Hang on to your hats and enjoy some of the best hockey in years.

Interesting tid bit of triva.

Bowling Green State University :

Pens Head Coach, Dan Byslam

Caps GM,George Mcphee, Head scout Brian MaCllellan (room Mates, line mates, both grew up in Gwelph Ont in their youth Brian Knocked out one of Georges teeth in a hockey game..

Steve Hunts
Turned the game off in the 3rd period just B4 Crosby got his hat trick when it was 4-2.  Can't stand watching the Caps win.  Drives me nuts.  Ovetchkin's a neanderthal. There I said it.
gselkhunter
Can Crosby play golf? The Caps seem dead set on not getting back to the brink. So how lowly were the Rangers? This is the way hockey should be.
Steve Hunts
Hawks and Wings both lose!!  Bummed.
The wings game...man oh man, I have never seen a game so poorly officated in the NHL...and would have never thought to see that in a playoff game....the REF even missed the call on the tying goal..I hope he looses his job.

Officiating,good or bad, is part of any game, sometimes refs make mistakes, same as players. I don't believe that there was a mistake made in the "tying" goal(?) as from where he stood, he lost sight of the puck. Tough for Detroit, but part of the game. The Ducks have learned from past history that to beat the high powered Wings, they have to play smash-mouth hockey and hit anything in Red &White. They executed perfectly.

As I said before, I would go to war with the Niedermayers, Prongers and Getzlafs...small town Canadian boys playing the hockey that they grew up with.

Ovetchkin's a neanderthal.

NHL stardom.  So easy, a caveman can do it!