• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ben Hong

• John

• calgaryrookie

Henry Rackliff
My sister's family are huge Bruins fans and they've got me watching them.  Right now it looks like the only guy on the team that wants to play to win is Thomas, and he's getting no help at all.  Granted, Hunwick and Ference are out and that has caused some shakeups on defense but the other guys got to step up and start skating.  It looks like the Hurricanes want it more right now.  Kind of a bummer right now that my inlaws are coming over for a Mother's Day dinner tomorrow afternoon and my sister has 3 extra tickets for game 5, practically on the ice, and I got to stay here to grill some steaks!!

Ahhh...just pay attention to the steaks Henry. The Bruins are cooked anyway.

This is just an observation from a diehard Habs fan: Whenever Boston beats Montreal in the playoffs, the Bruins have a tremendous drop off in play afterwards, it's as if beating the Habs is their Stanley Cup! :D  :ghostface: I can understand that feeling because they have beaten Montreal only 7 times out of  34 playoffs head to head in history. :cool:

Tom Avent

It also looks like the Caps are done.

Here is what I have observed. I don't have a great deal of hockey knowledge since I didn't play it growing up. Hopefully some of the more knowledgable hockey fans can tell me if I'm correct.

Crosby is a better hockey player than Ovechkin but Ovechkin is a better athlete than Crosby.

The Capitals are one or two defensemen away from being serious contenders.

The Caps are very flashy and fun to watch but not built for the long hard climb to the top of the Stanley Cup. They need to operate less as individuals and more as a team. They also need to crash the net.

In game 2, Ovechkin and Crosby both scored hat tricks. Crosby's 3 goals were all within 5' from the goal. It seems to my inexperienced eyes that is the way to score goals.

I would like to see the Caps come back but it is fun to get into these games. This is much more exciting than watching a bunch of overpriced divas in the NFL.

the Wings are looking better. Hockey fans from Michigan are liking it. (don't tell Cherry that we like our style of hockey)

-Jeff

Thorough domination by the Winged Wheelers tonight. Every aspect of the game. Tuesday will be interesting.
Steve Hunts
Seems like any of the teams playing right now can win the whole thing if they keep their heads and don't commit lot's of penalties.  Not seeing any real dominant teams.  Even Detroit(still the best of the lot) has some holes in it's armor.

Someone woke the Bruins up.

Washington scored 8 (?) goals in their series against the Pens. Ovechkin got 7 of them! Talk about balanced scoring, eh? :laugh:

gselkhunter
There isn't one series that is over yet, things can change in a heart beat. Shots on goal or there the lack of tell a lot about how much drive for the puck a team has going. How many game 7s will we wind up with? Looks like a few to me.

Tom, the toughest game to win in a series is for the 4th win.  Think the Caps will come out blazing tonight.  Sat night could have gone either way.  Felt badly for the hustling Poti but the Malkin pass was outside of Varlamov's range and right in sync with a rushing Crosby with a lot of net to use -- that puck was definitely going in.  As far as I'm concerned, Poti robbed Crosby of a game winning goal instead of putting the puck in his own net.  Mater of fact, when I 1st saw the play, I thought Crosby had knocked it in.  

-------------------------------------------------

Sat night in Pgh at Primanti's with about 300 of my closest friends watching that game.  I held back a little -- only had 2 24 oz Yeungling drafts followed by a 12 oz Penn Pilsner bottle for overtime.  But want to talk about hog heaven?  Watching a Pens game in the 'burgh, a Primanti's kielbasa sandwich, great beer and the best of all: watched with my brother, some extended family members and my 16 YO daughter.  My daughter would have never watched the game on TV w/o outstanding surroundings like that.  Daughter's comments:

"Penguins fans are crazy!"

"What an exciting game! This is great!"

"Hockey players are really cute!"  (Add another Crosby & Fleury fan to the list.)    

Game 6 tonight -- GO PENS!!!

Pens gave it a good try, but they have another chance tomorrow.

Chicago vs, Vancouver, WTF happened to good playoff goaltending. Khabibulin was not as bad as Luongo but my oh my, what can you say about Toews and Kane :love: ? What we are seeing right now is the start of a long journey of excellence by the Hawks, very reminiscent of the young Edmonton Oilers of 1983.

Nice for the Wings that pending a victory over the Ducks, they will avoid the west coast gauntlet, now that Chicago has defeated the Canucks. (Good for my sleep factor too!)

An opening series with Columbus, only 2 plane rides to Anaheim, and then if they beat the Ducks, a West final with home ice, and a 45 min. plane ride to Chicago.

Much better, and kinda lucky. Thanks Anaheim (for beating San Jose) and Chicago.

That said, when the playoffs started, I predicted a Pitt/Chi Cup. I think the Hawks are going to give whomever they face in the West final fits.

Nice for the Wings that pending a victory over the Ducks, they will avoid the west coast gauntlet, now that Chicago has defeated the Canucks. (Good for my sleep factor too!)

An opening series with Columbus, only 2 plane rides to Anaheim, and then if they beat the Ducks, a West final with home ice, and a 45 min. plane ride to Chicago.

Much better, and kinda lucky. Thanks Anaheim (for beating San Jose) and Chicago.

That said, when the playoffs started, I predicted a Pitt/Chi Cup. I think the Hawks are going to give whomever they face in the West final fits.

RD, hope you're right about that -- am very worried for the 'guins heading back to DC tomorrow night.  They may not get out of this round to catch the eastern finals.

Jeff,

Game 7 should be good one. Once again, I don't know much about hockey but this series has been fun to watch. At this point you could almost flip a coin as to which team is beter or will win.

Jeff,

Game 7 should be good one. Once again, I don't know much about hockey but this series has been fun to watch. At this point you could almost flip a coin as to which team is beter or will win.

Tom, you're right on.  Close games:  3 OT's, 5 1-goal games, the Pens lead the Caps by a single goal over 6 games.  That's extremely close!

Last night had too many lead changes for my old pumper.  Game 7 will feature one thing for certain -- there is no way either of these teams comes out of the chute tentatively.

GO PENS!!!!