NHL

calgaryrookie
See the guy who grossed out the fans with his broken finger when he stopped a shot? I don't think he missed a shift!

Which one? There's a bunch of guys who broke fingers in the past few days. I couldn't count the number of guys playing hurt right now. I think you are talking about Walker though.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ben Hong

• John

• calgaryrookie

This year's playoffs is truly a war of attrition, the worst series being Cal v. Chi. I have never seen so many guys playing hurt in any year. I don't know, but if Calgary pulls this one out, it'll rank as the gutsiest performance in  recent memory. I mean they are REALLY beat up. (And, someone on another thread said that hockey was boring!!!)
calgaryrookie
You got it Ben. I've always felt the Stanley Cup was the toughest, most demanding trophy to play for in North American teams sports, perhaps the world. You play between 16 and 28 games in a pressure cooker, much more physical than an already-physical regular season, tons of travel, fights, playing with injuries that other players go after... There's a reason you don't hear about NHL players and gunplay at clubs with their "posse". They don't have the time or energy.

R.I.P. Calgary. Undermanned and beaten up, they had only a glimmer of hope which Chicago extinguished. A fight well fought though.

But, there's no excuse for the San Jose Sharks, who look like the Podunk Guppies for most of the series.

Steve Hunts

Glad to see Brashear(Caps) get suspended for that nasty hit on Rangers Betts.  That was a classic "cheap shot".  I couldn't believe he didn't get a major penalty.  

Hawks get to take on Canucks next.  Should be a good series.  

Anaheim gets to play Detroit.  Too bad for them.

calgaryrookie

I've come to the conclusion that I have no idea who's gonna win, but some things I've come to like from this year's playoffs:

- I LIKE WASHINGTON! Rarely watched them before, but man... fun! And that OVI... WOW

- I like John Tortorella. I liked him reaming and benching that moron Avery. I liked the incident with the fan and jousting with "journalists".

- I liked Avery finally and completely being exposed for the buffoon he is. What a waste of decent hockey talent.

- I enjoyed Gainey's defence of his young goaltender. Basically called the fans idiots and bullies.

- I like the C of Red. Nice to see all those jersey sales. And believe me, you see them at work on game day too.

- I like seeing new players, ESPECIALLY previously unknown back-up goaltenders, come in and make a difference.

Just a great time of year if you are a Canadian or a  Canadian who just happened to unfortunately be born in the U.S. (AKA American hockey fan)!  :laugh: Yeah, I said it!  :p  :D

Good game 7 lastnight for the Capitals!

The capitals Pens match up will be exciting, I believe the Capitals can take this series even though one could split hairs for either side.

Carolina can take the series over Boston, but Boston is the overall better team and look to see Boston win in 5

Wings And Ducks, I think Det will push through this series in 5, lif Odsgood has so much as a hicup he will be pulled.

the black hawks will handle vancouver.

finals will be Caps and boston

wings and black hawks.

Stanley cup

Wings and Caps.

Like I said before, this year's playoffs is one giant war. Goal tenders are the keys to any series, so in that light I would not count Vancouver out - because of Luongo.

My dream Cup final would be Chicago and Pittsburgh. Such a series would highlight the Kanes, Teows', Cosbys , super talented kids who play a basically clean game that will be exciting enough for anyone.

Ben,

Are you saying that the Capitals don't have young talented stars?

I don't know very much about hockey but have been absolutely captivated by Ovechkin.

Ben,

Are you saying that the Capitals don't have young talented stars?

Not at all, I love watching Ovechkin. I was just stating my own ideal Cup finals matchups and the Big "O" does not play for either team.