Any sports

Hockey was my sport but I've been off ice for a few years now.  I was pretty heaving into Orienteering for a while (there ya go Trapper I took the heat off your curling admission) and mountain biking.

Does webs surfing count?

I played Volleyball in a Scout league and I currently coach, so I watch other people play from real close by....

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calgaryrookie

• Hunshatt

• Matto

Triathlon ROCKS, absolutely. I once knew a guy who did it seriously and I couldn't believe the things he'd do in the name of training. Got my respect fershur.

Trapper, I also curled all through high school. Took it up by default because in the town where I grew up, in the early 50s, if you didn't play hockey or curled, you were dead. We didn't have a gym in the whole town, and tv hadn't come yet. But we had 6 outdoor rinks, 1 artificial ice rink and 4 curling establishments. Some of us played on at least 2 hockey teams and 2 curling teams.

Lets see sports....

since the age of 7 I played soccer, baseball, and basketball.  Finally gave up soccer a year or so ago.  Got to be to much effort for little enjoyment and all the aches and pains toke longer to heal.  Never picked up skiing, kinda do the golf thing.  I shot somewhere around 90 when I was playing regularly (1-2 times a week) and now that I'm not it 's more like 105.  Hockey was just a way to kill time on the ice in the winter.  Now I'm taking up hiking and by extension snowshoeing. Been seen occasionally in a beer ball softball league but can't take it seriously enough to enjoy it.

Keith

Skiing !  I absolutely love skiing with my family and both our daughters were on the boards (ski and snow) at the age of 4 and we ski all winter long..hence why living in Colorado was literally our Mecca for 3 yrs.  

In fact, I convinced the family that one of our summer vacations should be to follow the Cdn Freestyle Ski Team to Lake Placid where they were doing some summer trg....we kind of just hung out with them (my wife and daughters said it was just a little too close to being ski-stalkers though).

Still play hockey and run/work-out 5-7 times per week.....and will pretty well play, at the drop of a hat, any other sport that requires a jock !

Cheers,

T2

I played baseball almost exclusively (pitched) until I couldn't do it anymore.  I have had thoughts of joining an amateur league but have not done so.  I have been playing a lot of golf since I quit baseball in college and try to play a few times a week at least (it gets too expensive).  I always wished I would have played hockey, but my mom was always scared of me playing it.  I have managed to give myself 5 concussions without the help of a contact sport so it was probably for the best  Oo.gif
calgaryrookie
I've never gotten into any sports that involve a ball, but have (and do) enjoy hiking, xc skiing and mountain biking (if those count . . . ?)

They don't, nor does granola eating or composting. I see we have another Phish fan here....  :laugh:

calgaryrookie
I I always wished I would have played hockey, but my mom was always scared of me playing it.

My sons got to play lacrosse only because the coach assured my wife it wasn't any more dangerous or rough than hockey, which they already played. After the first game she turned to me and said "He lied".  :laugh:

Spectator sports like watching hockey and football. Played basketball in high school but my team lost every game. Lost interest.

Enjoy riding my bike but rarely do that anymore.

Making a  good contour in my couch.

I still surf.  My oldest son took a shining to it last summer and it was great fun to surf with him.  I knew he was hooked when the waves died and he still wanted to sit on the boards and hang out in the water.
drummer's stump
I fooled around with the timber sports for awhile, but rugby was my true love. I played all through college we won a conference title. I am glad I played but now it's starting to come back and bite me in the ass. some days I wake up and like I am 50
Besides little league I was too busy mowing lawns in early teens and working at various other part time jobs in late teens and into college to get involved in organized sports-unless chasing girls is a sport. The only sports that keep my interest are hunting and fishing. I'm not a very good team player.
Jeff Kimball

Grew up on a skateboard (back when it was more like a gang than a sport), now I longboard, snowboard, snowshoe and am learning to skijor. (longboardjoring anyone?)

Lots of padding in the summer but that usually involves a fishing trip... I did however just spot a whitewater kayak playboat that's awefully interesting....

I was into competitive curling in High School and went to the Canada Games in '87.  (bring on the curling bashing) Gave that up due to bad knees.  I

.  I have recently taken up Tae Kwon Do and I am loving it.  Great workout with the boys

uhhhhhhhhhhh, messed up knees from curlling(isn't that a donut?) but you can play martial arts???  ???

Oh, I get it, Tae Kwon Do is Kanadin for KARAAAAATE :oops:  :oops:  :oops: