REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
roysetters3

PLEASE READ THIS

idcut

Roy,

I read your post last evening, and I too, am at a loss for words for your tragedy! My thoughts and prayers are with you in your time of loss and mourning!

Utah Pointerman

What can anyone say, I just want you to know how saddened I am to have read this.

I also want you to know that I admire your courage in posting it for all of us to grieve along with you.

Hold dear and close all the memories of your life together.

AJ.

Jim McCann

Roy,

I am so terribly sorry for you. You and your beloved life were living the dream life, a perfect couple in every way. I absolutely don't know what to say or do for you. I wish you great strength to get through this sorrowful time. Please let us know whatever we could do to help you.

Your friend,

Jim

Jim McCann

Roy,

I'm just walking around in shock over this tragedy and wondering what I can do. Everyone here is your friend and if you need anything all you need do is ask.

I'm not much to talk with, but my number is 907-590-7118 if you need to talk to someone. I can at least listen. You are certainly not alone.

Jim

telamb
God be with you and your family!

Condolences, Prayers, and Thoughts from Central New York.

Wade

Louie and Milo

Kirklan

I am terribly sorry for your loss Roy.  I really looked up to the life you and Cindy had carved out together.  I can only hope that my wife and I have the bond you and Cindy shared when we have a few more years together.

Thoughts and prayers,

Kirklan

Dave Gowdey
My God, Roy.  I'm so sorry to read this.  There aren't any words for this type of thing.  My condolences.

Brad Eden

If you log on Roy let us know how you are doing.

A member forwarded me the following links:

http://www.paysonroundup.com/news....ccident

Family asked any donations be sent to the Lance Armstrong Foundation:

http://www.livestrong.org/site/c.khLXK1PxHmF/b.2660611/k.BCED/Home.htm

Info on donations in Cindy Pools memory made to Lance Armstrong Foundation found there.

lee sykes

I have been waiting for days to find the words.

Still nothing.   I am so sorry.

roysetters3

Thank you all so much for the kindnesses and prayers. I have learned over the years to expect no less from the wonderful people of this board, my friends and yours.

We brought Cindy home on Friday and learned that the 4th Annual Payson Sprint Triathlon was to be held on Saturday. Cindy has won that race in each of the last 3 years, once solo and twice with high school girls as team mates (Cindy was a high school chemistry teacher).

We went to the race. Instead of the usual race tee shirt given out to participants, the kids made this shirt:

IMG_9771.jpg

On the front was a picture of Cindy on her time trial bike.

The kids organized a "Team Cynthia" comprised of girls that Cindy had taught that year. They would compete against all the mens' teams from Phoenix and elsewhere.

Cindy's best Arizona friend, Carolyn, also competed solo for Cindy, riding Cindy's beloved time trial bike.

Cindy's best friend from the East, Margaret, who witnessed Cindy's death, and I ran the running part of the course twice, once by ourselves, and again, during the race, with Carolyn.

Carolyn, who had never finished higher than 5th in a triathlon, was the overall winner this time.

The kids won the team competition.

I know, without a shadow of doubt in my heart, that Cindy swam, biked, and ran every step of that race with her friend and beloved students.

Instead of the expected elation and jubilation on the winners' podium, this year, there was only tears.

The kids gave me their first place medals with their race numbers.

I talk to Cindy every day, mostly when I'm alone, and as I walked to the car, I told her: "Cindy, once again, you won the Payson race."

A special little girl that Cindy loved dearly has worked literally 'round the clock for days, going through the thousands of photos I've taken of Cindy over the years, as well as the photos others have taken, and has made a slide show dvd with Cindy's favorite music to be shown at the memorial service to be held at the high school on Wednesday at 6 pm. The principal has told me to expect hundreds in attendance.

The posters that are everywhere in this small town that display a picture of Cindy with messages written by the kids during the vigils they have had are so heart wrenching, as well as heart warming, that I can barely stand to read more than one or two of the messages on each one.

The families and friends have arrived from all over the country, with more expected today and tomorrow. They, and all of you, are a comfort to me and our three boys.

bgilchr
Oh my God, Roy.

John
You, your Children, and MArgret are in our prayers.

PaFlyfisher

Roy I can't imagine what you are going through. I have been praying for you and will be for a long time.

Bede

gar-dog
It is evident she was a wonderful woman who obviously touched a lot of people's lives.  I am sure you and the boys are extremely proud of her.   It looks like parts of her will live on through the lives of her students and others and I hope that gives you comfort.