REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
roysetters3

PLEASE READ THIS

caplock

What a tragic loss. Some folks are never truly gone as long as they are not forgotten. Your Cindy will live on forever.

Roger

Briarscratch

Roy,

my brother Keith and his best friend Dave died tragically when they were 19.  My brother stumbled into a downed power line while hiking and his friend died trying to get him off.  While I can't appreciate the depth of sorrow that comes from losing my beloved, I do know what it's like to be blind-sided by terrible tragedy.  

Reading about the races in Cindy's honor and all the support you've gotten brings me right back to the days after Keith died.  The tears flowed like rivers but they fell on an ocean of love, compassion and laughter.  The outpouring of friendship and support was completely overwhelming.  I don't know if I could have ever gotten up and carried onward without it.

Although it brings tears to my eyes to re-live those bitterly sad days, I smile to think on how much of an impact Keith and Dave had on others' lives.  Although they were taken far too soon, they made deep and indelible marks on almost everyone who knew and loved them.  Me most of all.  I wouldn't be the person I am now if it weren't for my brother...and the lessons he and Dave taught me.

May your heart heal stronger over time and the sound of Cindy's voice never fade from your ears as long as you live. In the hard days ahead, be courageous and stay focused on the light.

Jeff

Wildcat
Roy, I have typed my response 5x and can't seem to find the right words to say, I too have a large lump in my throat and sincerely wish better days ahead for you.  I am sorry for your loss

MattB
Very sorry to have read about your tragedy. God bless you, Roy.

Prairie Drifter

Roy, I haven't been on the UJ site for several months.  Got an email from Bill Gilchrist today telling me to check your post.  I really wasn't expecting this!  I'm so so sorry for you and your family.  Why do people have to arrogantly rush through life with no consideration for those they pass along the way is beyond me.  It has cost you and your family so much.  You and your family will be in my prayers.  If I can do anything for any of you, I'll do my best to make it happen!!!

Prairie Drifter

Troy Smith

(620)532-5900

Birdhunter68

Roy,

My deepest thoughts & prayers for you and your family!

Your loss is unthinkable and pains me to the core.

Please drop me a line or call if I can be of service!

Reed Pendleton

859-559-1571

dblfever
Have never met you  but have followed you're posts here, it just isn't right when terrible things happen to special people. So sorry...

shorebird

Roy,

Such a terrible, needless tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Keep the Faith.

RASKE
Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your lovely wife.  It appears from reading the newspaper article that she touched the lives of many, many young folks and served as an inspiration to them.  That's a pretty special legacy.

Chad S

I am so sorry to hear of your loss Roy.  I will be thinking of you and you family.

Chad

gary kebo

Roy,

I am sorry I did not notice your post until this morning.

For a number I rode a street bike with a few of my close

friends who liked to do races and other organized rides.

A couple of my friends have been hit by cars and thankfully

survived. Anyone who rides a road bike knows of the

constant danger of motor vehicles. I have always given

bike riders a wide berth because I have been on the

other side.

Please accept my condolances on your terrible loss.

gfreire
Roy, you will be in our prayers to help you get through this toughest of times.

BLUEGRASS

Very tragic. Prayers are being said for you.

Ken --Bluegrass  :blues:  :(

bntsetter

Roy,

After reading everything I am still speechless......I can't express the sorrow I feel for you and your family.  She sounds like she was a very special person who will be greatly missed....

Keith

henryrski
Roy, an absolutely horrible tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with you.