REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
roysetters3

PLEASE READ THIS

roysetters3

My real name is Roy Pool, many of you here on this wonderful board know me personally, the rest know me as roysetters. This summer, my wonderful wife Cindy has been following a lifelong dream, riding her bicycle across the country from Oregon's Pacific coast to our former home in Maryland with her best friend from back east, Margaret. I have been following along in the motorhome as a support vehicle, together with our 8 bird dogs. Cindy is training for the world duathlon (run, bike, run) championship as a member of the US National Team. Yesterday, we got up at our usual 4:30 am and by 5:00 Cindy and I were running down a beautiful green bordered lane in a wonderful little Wyoming town, Lander. Suddenly Cindy stopped and pointed at a simply stunning sight. Standing broadside to us on the crest of a pastured hill, right under the full moon, was a whitetail doe. The top edge of the sun, at our backs, bathed the doe with a red-gold radiance. It was a glimpse of heaven. The deer never moved as we ran by her.

We finished our run and had breakfast in the motorhome, then Cindy changed into her biking clothes. She paused for a moment to kiss me and say "Love you" as she always did, and I stepped back to take a photo of my love, the last photo I'll ever take of my sweet, sweet girl.

A few minutes later, a tractor trailer driver failed to yield the right of way. Cindy had just enough time to scream a warning to Margaret, saving her best friend. But the truck rolled right over Cindy. I skidded to a stop and ran to her, laid next to her and held her in my arms but she was gone. The world has ended for me. The most loving, kindest, most caring girl in the world is gone.

I know that this wonderful board will pour out the hearts of all of you for me, that's the way all of you have always been in the times when one of our own is in trouble. I love you all for that. But that is not why I'm writing this tonight. If you can even begin to comprehend this horrible agony, the way I'm suffering now, and can feel compassion for me and our children, and for Cindy's best friend, Margaret, please, please just do one thing, I beg you. When you see a biker on the road, think of Cindy, slow down, and move over. Don't ever let this happen again.

IMG_9755.jpg

Cindy Pool

June 9, 2009

MTRookie76

Im shedding a tear for you right now. My prayers are with you.

Alex

bigjohnsd

Roy, there aren"t any words.........I can't even imagine the pain.

My prayers are with you and Cindy.

Ben Hong
Roy, I sit here dumbstruck with a softball sized lump in my throat and water in my eyes. That's all, I can't type anymore. I will PM you at a later time. Be strong my friend.

pa'tridge hunters

We are so sorry for your tragic loss. You and Cindy will be in our prayers tonight.

Brian and Cindy

plainsman

Dear God,Roy, my heart sank as I realized what you were telling us. I can only send my prayers and condolences...and some heartfelt advice.The next portion of your life will be full of deep grieving, and sorrow,which will hurt like hell. It is something you'll have to deal with in your own way.Try to recognize the pitfall of biterness if it arises,and turn from it. Allow the Lord to impart His grace to you , and all Cindy's closest loved ones,as you need it.Dont be a stranger here, and let us be a support to you, as well.

God Bless

BradSouth
I am speechless Roy, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

JonR
My most sincere condolences, Roy. Take care of yourself and your family. We'll be here when you need us.

StormsGSP

That has me pretty well teared up, in library nonetheless.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, stay strong.

Alex

wkburns
I am very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you.

quailguy

Well, that is NOT the email I expected you to post. I am incredibly sorry and will keep you both in my prayers.

Best Regards,

Quailguy

Roy,

Your adventures and story telling have always been incredible.  Your mess of pups have been a lot of fun to follow along.  I'm sure your sweet Wife was there every step of the way.  You were blessed to have her.  Very sorry to hear this.  Prayers and Mojo from Utah.

erik meade

Agonizing.  

All I know to do is pray for you and yours.

Erik Meade

Bloodhound

Roy

There are no words...I am heartbroken for you...you are in my prayers...

Scott

Dave Rose
Good Lord, Roy. I am so sorry, my heart goes out to you.