Favorite word(s) in the English language

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 12ette

• Rex Hoppie

• Ben Hong

Most UJers who post here understand that there should be a modicum of verisimilitude in their offerings, not just so much loud rodomontade and inane badinage, which would make this site merely a cacophanous imitation of other similar sites. That would be utterly flagitious.

in·fringe·ment Listen to the pronunciation of infringement

Pronunciation:

\in-ˈfrinj-mənt\

Function:

noun

Date:

1 : the act of infringing : violation 2 : an encroachment or trespass on a right or privilege

rprovines

I'd have to go with favorite two words, probably #$&%, and @~&$%#+$.

What Provines said x 2!!!! :p

If I hear " Going Forward " one more time...The worst phrase of the year.... :angry:

Since a few others have added their LEAST favorite words, I would like to add irregardless.

Yes, there's a few irregarding the topic title . . . suspect.gif

Another favorite - Mercurial, "Having the characteristics of eloquence, shrewdness, swiftness, and thievishness attributed to the god Mercury".

I detest the pronunciation of the word "nukular", when it clearly only has two syllables as in "nuclear". But when certain semiliterate politicians utter it, it will be aped by the masses.

All use of the words paradigm and proactive make me sick.  Synergy makes me want to puke too.

A most favorite word is juxtaposed.  We like our shotgun barrels side by side and juxtaposed!, but that is redundant.  Another good word.

I detest the pronunciation of the word "nukular", when it clearly only has two syllables as in "nuclear". But when certain semiliterate politicians utter it, it will be aped by the masses.

Now Ben, some of the mercurial types are probably going to leap upon you for this infringement into the "political" spectrum! :)  :devil:

All use of the words paradigm and proactive make me sick.  Synergy makes me want to puke too.

#*$!&%^-A

nickwilliams
My work place people are very fond of "It is what it is" and then look as if hey said something profound.
Rex Hoppie
Ben, nu-cle-ar is clearly 3 syllables.  Merriam Webster may have been a semiliterate polititian.
Rex Hoppie
My work place people are very fond of "It is what it is" and then look as if hey said something profound.

No matter where you go there you are.