Favorite word(s) in the English language

Scrimshaw:  elaborate carvings in the form of pictures and lettering on the surface of bone or tooth, with the engravings highlighted using a pigment, or small sculptures made from the same material.
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 12ette

• Rex Hoppie

• Ben Hong

furbelows: showy trimmings. Might be descriptive of the adornments on some guns. Closely related to gewgaws.
walt lister
Bozone--------The area surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating.

Bucolic - Of or characteristic of the country or it's people.  Rustic.

Pastoral - Having the qualities of idealized country life, such as charming simplicity and a leisurely, carefree pace.

Scrimshaw:  elaborate carvings in the form of pictures and lettering on the surface of bone or tooth, with the engravings highlighted using a pigment, or small sculptures made from the same material.

Uppie,

My 86 year old mother found a scrimshaw artist's shop in Door County Wisconsin this summer and we stopped by to gawk.  Wow, and the history of the art is amazing.

Ironically, I ended up buying a wood carving of a woodcock done by a local artist.  My mother bought a purse with a bone carving on the handle.

Ken

puerile; childish, immature. An adult shows puerility by making fun of people's accent, or reiterating and embellishing a tired stereotype.
Beer - : an alcoholic beverage usually made from malted cereal grain (as barley), flavored with hops, and brewed by slow fermentation
Bozone--------The area surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating.

Boy do I love that one!! A lot of people around here are not only stupid, but stupid and proud of it!