Members Only Forum

I'LL GIVE IT ANOTHER SHOT: THE CONCEPT

For instance I had some medical issues I dealt with last summer and into the winter that may be of interest and maybe even help to other members but are of too personal (for me) a nature to spew on a public board/forum. Maybe someone is reluctant to post photos of family members or children on the public forums but would be more comfortable on a members only forum. Maybe some people are reluctant to indicate where they hunt for all the world to see. Maybe there is a Topic best not viewed by anti-hunting organizations AND YES THIS BOARD IS MONITORED and has been targeted and linked to in the past. I go to great lengths to weed out spam registrants and trolls and people that just want to muck things up so the registered and authorized members are a pretty secure group.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• rprovines

• Hunshatt

Top Posters In This Topic

some people still just cant grasp the concept. A.D.D. runs rampant I guess.

No Brad we just don't read what you have to say.

JUST KIDDN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for the trollish behavior, just one of those days .

and to actually post on topic, it will be more work for you for a while but might work its way out and become a good source for information

my real 0.02 cents

Judd

Even your regular members seem to be salivating over the enhanced freedoms you plan to extend to them.

I don't see any enhanced freedoms in the Guidelines--no additional flexibility for inappropriate behavior at all. People can actually read? Yes? No?

"Spirit of the law" and "letter of the law" are two different things, Jefe; i.e., "what you want it to be" vs. "what it will quickly become".

Say you walk down a particular alley in Portland one night and get mugged.  The cops say, "Look, Eden, you know that alley's in a terrible neighborhood, so why'd you go there?"  And your answer is "Well, I wanted to see where it went."  

A year later, you find yourself in the same neighborhood, and you see the same alley.  You start back down the alley and sure enough, you get mugged again.

The moral is "How many times do you have to get hit in the head before you know it's a bad way to go?"    

If you need me to explain with another parable, just ask.

ckfowler180
If you feel it could be helpful and you want the extra work making it stay as polite as the rest, then go for it.  Can't personally think of much I would share in a members only place that I wouldn't in the regular forums as most of that I would just PM or keep to myself.

Making it accessible to Contributing Members Only is beginning to make perfect sense, from a business standpoint and all.

Here you go.

Costs 10 bucks to get in.

If anyone gets annoyed with someone they can send you 20 bucks to get that person kicked out.

If the person who get's kicked out want's back in.....for 30 bucks they can be allowed back in.

Once your back in you can behave....if you're an ass someone will spend 20 bucks to get rid of you.

Win for everyone.

DennisMcFeely
Even your regular members seem to be salivating over the enhanced freedoms you plan to extend to them.

I don't see any enhanced freedoms in the Guidelines--no additional flexibility for inappropriate behavior at all. People can actually read? Yes? No?

"Spirit of the law" and "letter of the law" are two different things, Jefe; i.e., "what you want it to be" vs. "what it will quickly become".

Say you walk down a particular alley in Portland one night and get mugged.  The cops say, "Look, Eden, you know that alley's in a terrible neighborhood, so why'd you go there?"  And your answer is "Well, I wanted to see where it went."  

A year later, you find yourself in the same neighborhood, and you see the same alley.  You start back down the alley and sure enough, you get mugged again.

The moral is "How many times do you have to get hit in the head before you know it's bad way to go?"    

You should get a concealed carry permit and then you could walk down that alley as many times as you like.  This is America after all... :D

I'm not sure if I want to pay to read about middle aged men's medical issues.  Cerially.  Well maybe, if you have bloody pictures and don't mention the blue pill.

Didn't Karate wear a thong?

Wasn't the big bitch about Genius that it was like a private club for the cool kids? Will it be less that if you charge admission? That stayed within board guidlines (barely) until the end when it was pushed over.

I see your reasons for wanting to do this, and it has merit. Just wish I could share in your optimism for a clean result. It's like trying to have a private club but open to anyone who pays the entry fee.

I think I see what you want out of this Brad, but to have it, you need some other method of entry to the "club" besides monetary.

Maybe it's by invitation only? And a secret forum, you know the first rule of UJ Private forum is there is no UJ Private forum.....

Good luck, will be interested to see the results.

The moral is "How many times do you have to get hit in the head before you know it's bad way to go?"    

You should get a concealed carry permit and then you could walk down that alley as many times as you like.  This is America after all... :D

The guy's from Massachusetts, McFeely -- you wouldn't expect him to have real cojones.

L. Gallagher

Brad, I can't imagine why you want to go there again. Wasn't the first time enough...now, if you were to create a forum that was by your invitation only, which would weed out the noted troublemakers, that might work. But probably not. There's a whole other forum out there that proved that, if it's even still there. I lost the address when I bought a new PC, and haven't tried to find it.

I talk to a lot of people privately on this board, all the time, it's called a pm function...and email.

That's plenty, and less stressful for you.

...now, if you were to create a forum that was by your invitation only, which would weed out the noted troublemakers, that might work. ......

Are private clubs legal?

Suppose I was a minority (race/creed/religion or did not like to argue) and refused admission?

As some say...."Just sayin"- Too Dogs