"BEING THERE" CD's by Gene Hill

A member sent me 2 CD's by Gene Hill to listen to and possibly auction or market on UJ. They are titled Being There. They are copies from what I understand were some tapes that were on the market at one time or another. I think they are selected readings from Genes many wonderful books. (I did a search and can't find any one book by Gene named "Being There".)

Absolutely fascinating listening to Gene Hill's deep resonating voice reading his own work. Mesmerizing really. I want to share these CD's with the UJ membership rather than Auction them to one peron.

I think we should give the Gene Hill CD's a nationwide tour similar to OLDBIRDDOGMANS turkey book that toured the country a couple years back.

So first come, first serve on this Topic. Post here that you want to listen to CD's and I'll contact that first person to get their address if I don't already have it on file–and send the CD's to them. Then it is their responsibility to check this Topic for the next person-contact them via board PM/e-mail for address and send them the CD's etc., etc. (I'll likely PIN this Topic over on the Upland Auction forum later.)

Let's say the person with CD's has them for two weeks+- and then sends them on. When and if they ever get back to me I'll keep them or auction them then.

Sound good?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• jmooney

• Breakfast Boy

• Dave Rose

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll look. I might have it/them in storage. 

Yes, please!

(Your number one-I think I have your address-will ship early this week. Listen, enjoy, then send on to next person. Thanks!-Brad)

David J. Drew
Are you certain that there is no copyright or intellectual property violation?  I only ask because you said the CD's were copies.  I would suggest backing up and being certian of no violation before beginning.
Hairy Clipper

Add me to the list ,too Brad.  Great idea.  BEING THERE was the opening story of one of the books, which one...I couldn't guess.

Hairy

Are you certain that there is no copyright or intellectual property violation?  I only ask because you said the CD's were copies.  I would suggest backing up and being certian of no violation before beginning.

The member who sent them thought I might be able to market them-I checked copyright etc., etc and they are from some old tapes-it was confusing and hazy and would have required hiring a lawyer to figure it out-so decided to just share them. I didn't make the copies. If anybody is nervous don't add name to list.

What a cool idea Brad.

Put me on the list I would love to hear them.

So let me get this straight, when the guy who has the CDs before me is finished with them, he will send them by mail to me. When I am done, I send them to the next guy, right?

How will I know who to send it to next?

Do you think maybe we can keep some sort of written log that indicates to whom and where the CDs have traveled and have it follow with the CDs? I think that would make it more interesting to see where it has been.

Jay