"BEING THERE" CD's by Gene Hill

There's a set of the cassettes up on ebay right now.  Not mine, but I bought a set of them a couple years ago and made copies so as not to wear out the originals!  

I'll make another copy and mail them out if anyone would like to get going a little quicker on this program (and still owns a cassette player).   Don't know the best place to start, so how about with a Gordon Setter owner?  That, and a second set from the bottom up.  CKFowler180, you're the most recent post as I read today so I'll send a set to you if you're wanting tape vice awaiting the CD.   PM and we'll get started.

That list of stories looks right.  Took me a while to track them all down on my own, digging through the books looking for the "opening lines".  I know Gene grew up in NJ, but it was still a little funny to hear the accent on the first story.   :)

kgb

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• jmooney

• Breakfast Boy

• Dave Rose

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll look. I might have it/them in storage. 

There's a set of the cassettes up on ebay right now.  Not mine, but I bought a set of them a couple years ago and made copies so as not to wear out the originals!  

I'll make another copy and mail them out if anyone would like to get going a little quicker on this program (and still owns a cassette player).   Don't know the best place to start, so how about with a Gordon Setter owner?  That, and a second set from the bottom up.  CKFowler180, you're the most recent post as I read today so I'll send a set to you if you're wanting tape vice awaiting the CD.   PM and we'll get started.

That list of stories looks right.  Took me a while to track them all down on my own, digging through the books looking for the "opening lines".  I know Gene grew up in NJ, but it was still a little funny to hear the accent on the first story.   :)

kgb

Sent you an e-mail KGB

Jim

Jim, got your email and I see someone took them today.  Item was http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....MEWA:IT and if that doesn't link up, you can find item 7020568216 in the completed items.  Wish he'd recorded every story, at least every one in Tears and Laughter plus "Bingo".

Kirk

Jim, got your email and I see someone took them today.  Item was http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....MEWA:IT and if that doesn't link up, you can find item 7020568216 in the completed items.  Wish he'd recorded every story, at least every one in Tears and Laughter plus "Bingo".

Kirk

Thanks Kirk...Damn...that was cheap too.  I'll have to keep my eyes open.  Was Bingo the story of the big guy with the old lab at the field trial?

Jim

Jim, that's the one.  It'll well your eyes up, and not just on the first reading.  Maybe not if you're not a dog guy.  They'll show up again.

Kirk

Fin2Feather

Just out of curiosity who be in possesion as we speak?

Jim

I sent them out to John L last week; he PM'd he got them on Friday.

Fin

Just out of curiosity who be in possesion as we speak?

Jim

I sent them out to John L last week; he PM'd he got them on Friday.

Fin

7 down, 11 to go!  Well worth the wait I'm sure!

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
I will finish with them this weekend and send them on the way next week. These cd's are a treasure that's for sure. Thank you Brad.
  • 2 months later...

Just curious again to see who has the CD's.  This is  really cool that we're sharing them like this.

Take care,

Jim

Breakfast Boy
Just read my first Gene Hill book and would love to get on the list for the cd's.  What do I need to do?  I figure the list is long enough that they might be here around February, when seasons are closed and there's not much to do!  LOL!

This is the list of 25 when I sent it out. I think it should be somewhere around Don Steese/KCShlly. When I get them back I'll start a new list using this Topic and send them out for another years tour. I have a couple tapes a member sent me of the same stories but I want to save those.

1, Rogue Hunter

2, Lloyd Smith

3, Hairy Clipper

4, N E Grouse Hunter

5, Lars

6, dirtdog

7, Fin2Feather

8, John L

9, adcsteve

10, jbeck

11, Don Steese

12, KCShlly

13, gordy

14, waynev

15, Dave Quindt

16, Wisconsin

17, Dave Rose

18, ckfowler180

19, doc walden

20, jmooney

21, Roost em 1st

22, thornvalley

23, sage1

24, Natty Bumpo

25, grousehunter 61

• 4 weeks later...
Any update on where the CDs are at?

Thanks,

Dave

No idea Dave.

But I cant wait til they arrive back here someday because I included a small notebook with the tapes for people to make an entry in. That should be interesting to read.