What are you listening to now?

Briarscratch

Today (Sat.) is a miserable day, weatherwise, for us and my wife and I spent it all inside listening to some great music. Seeing that it is the 50th anniversary of the release one of the most influential and popular albums of all time, we listened to Miles Davis' Kind of Blue a couple or three of times. I mean, who could be satisfied with a single playing of a masterpiece? Bill Evans, Cannonball Adderley, Johnny Coltrane, etc, giants in their own right, came together without a "game plan" and laid it down.

After that we listened to Davis' [/i]Sketches of Spain and ended the day with Bitches' Brew, the latter is considered by many the largest signpost for popular music of the late 20th century.

Although I have all of these albums in CD format, I played them from my vinyl collection. Jazz and vinyl cannot be separated, imho.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Briarscratch

• walt lister

• Steve Hunts

Been waiting for this one all summer.  My favorite line-up with Hood, Cooley and Isbell fronting.  Some great covers too.

dbtfineline.jpg

I thought I burned a copy of James Brown for his traveling music(scratch) but it didn't work.

Its pretty much always WIDESPREAD PANIC.  I will have to say JB has about the most soulful voice ive ever heard

hmmm, a couple months(14) lurking and you wade in with a WSP reference....what kinda dogs you got?

A favorite for the upcoming season, with a nice addition of Ann Marie

Its pretty much always WIDESPREAD PANIC.  I will have to say JB has about the most soulful voice ive ever heard

hmmm, a couple months(14) lurking and you wade in with a WSP reference....what kinda dogs you got?

A favorite for the upcoming season, with a nice addition of Ann Marie

I have 4 DD's.  I tried to put a video up like you did but I realized after an hour that I have no idea how.

I am in a weird place, mixing it up with some megadeth, five finger death punch, Zac Brown Band, and taylor swift what can I say i like variety plus I get to see Zac Brown friday night, and then Taylor Swift on Sat (back stage pass oh yeah) so tell all your tweens to eat their hearts out.

dow,

from youtube; when you have the video open look to the right and highlight and copy the EMBED code. Paste that into your reply.

we need DD photos too. Welcome to UJ.