Duck Commander

ThomGordon

Crap Show, Why you ask, No dogs for one then holy roller Phil tells his son who's wife is about to have a baby that being there for the birth is no reason to miss a duck hunting trip, nice ,sure its done to promote the (we are so hard core we don't have time for personal hygiene persona) but family value's Phil is just like Lee and Tiffany (the crush)he found a gimick and that seems to be what sells advertising these days. I don't think these clowns could train a dog anyway they don't look smart enough.    Bill
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mschaefer

• Tom Avent

• rprovines

he went to school at La Tech and played football where a kind named Terry Bradshaw was his back up. I dont know how much of that is fact ....

That is fact.  Terry in his book, makes mention of Robertson.  Robertson was a very good QB with lots of talent, just no passion football.

The show is funny and those boys can flat out call ducks. They hunt them all over the country, anyplace, anytime.

I wouldn't for a second believe any story on baiting concerning them.

Them run a multimillion dollar operation and I seriously doubt they'd endanger that.

If you don't have a sense of humor, don't watch the show.

The show is funny and those boys can flat out call ducks. They hunt them all over the country, anyplace, anytime.

I wouldn't for a second believe any story on baiting concerning them.

Them run a multimillion dollar operation and I seriously doubt they'd endanger that.

If you don't have a sense of humor, don't watch the show.

I agree

Its funny how those moonshine drinkin rednecks, that kill stuff are also rich. I guess it's just dumb luck? Maybe it's the fact that Phill and all the boys have a degree, and know what they are doing. So why we are sitting here typing about if they are good or bad, they are in a blind somewhere shooting ducks and making money.

stephen brown
I do a bit of duck hunting. I watched The Duck Commanders first video. Watched it one time and returned it. Put me to sleep. Just another snuff movie. Now their doing snuff reality. Don't you folks have anything better to do?
This thread is a prime example of Upland Snobbery at its finest.  It's nice to know that most of you judge people based on their appearance.  I believe that horrible example, Phil, also pulls his entire family out of the marsh every Sunday morning for church.  Damn him and the poor example he's setting.
This thread is a prime example of Upland Snobbery at its finest.  It's nice to know that most of you judge people based on their appearance.  I believe that horrible example, Phil, also pulls his entire family out of the marsh every Sunday morning for church.  Damn him and the poor example he's setting.

When they began a TV show they opened themselves up for review, recognizing thier gimick  and spelling it out does'nt make us snobs, as far as church goes since when did that become a factor for a hunting show, lots of people go to church on Sunday and are jerks the rest of the week.   Bill

I've never watched the show or even watched the Outdoor Channel, but I too am appalled at the comments in this thread.  Moonshine?  Grow-op?  Personal hygiene?  

It would be no different if someone posted a picture of a proper New England woodcock hunter carrying an English double, decked out in his impeccable Orvis finery, only to have it loudly speculated that his effete appearance indicates his obvious homosexual leanings.

Upland Snobbery would appear to be the proper term.

It would be no different if someone posted a picture of a proper New England woodcock hunter carrying an English double, decked out in his impeccable Orvis finery, only to have it loudly speculated that his effete appearance indicates his obvious homosexual leanings.

No. The speculation is he would have been a poser.

I hate those wars, I never quite know which side us Southern Illinoisians are supposed to be on.

I've never watched the show or even watched the Outdoor Channel, but I too am appalled at the comments in this thread.  Moonshine?  Grow-op?  Personal hygiene?  

Upland Snobbery would appear to be the proper term.

Not to mention the "Deliverance in the Decoys" crack and the comment about how they don't look smart enough to train a dog.  Heck, I thought labs trained themselves.  I checked out the Outdoor Channel website and the show page has several pics and videos of Phil handling a dog, by the way.  I'm just shocked by the number of comments based on their appearance.  If you took Rhode Islands avatar pic and smeared some camo paint on his face, he'd fit right in.

Come on guys. It is not "snobbery" to look at the "Duck Commander" as a problem. It just gives the antis more fuel when guys like these are doing their "whack em & stack em" routine. This show is more in line with all of the other "reality" tv crap that is poisoning the airwaves. Yeah, yeah...I know I have an off button. There is no way these guys are good ambassodors for hunting. I don't give a crap what they look like or how they hunt, but once they put it on the public airwaves they open themselves up for criticism and they are representatives of the sport so they should clean up the act.

On the lighter side, I don't think I would share a blind with them. I would be afraid they might think my mouth is pretty and then tell me to drop my pants and squeal like a pig.

Come on guys. It is not "snobbery" to look at the "Duck Commander" as a problem. It just gives the antis more fuel when guys like these are doing their "whack em & stack em" routine. This show is more in line with all of the other "reality" tv crap that is poisoning the airwaves. Yeah, yeah...I know I have an off button. There is no way these guys are good ambassodors for hunting. I don't give a crap what they look like or how they hunt, but once they put it on the public airwaves they open themselves up for criticism and they are representatives of the sport so they should clean up the act.

On the lighter side, I don't think I would share a blind with them. I would be afraid they might think my mouth is pretty and then tell me to drop my pants and squeal like a pig.

Wow. That's pretty off the wall, Tom.

The thing to keep in mind here is that for this show to go, they have to have sponsors. Those people are going to be far more critical of the product and people involved than we are.

DC sells, and he's entertaining to most duck hunters. Heck, Federal has him on the cover of their new Black Cloud loads.

If you don't like him, don't watch the shows or buy the products he's endorsing.