Duck Commander

ThomGordon

in my view river rat duck hunters are a different breed,  whether they are southern or northern.

Yep. Cant argue with that. Course what do I know? I'm just a dumb ol redneck, fourth generation river rat, who'd would feel much more at home in a duck blind with the Robertsons, than I would "Pa'tridge Hunting" with some of you Upland Tradition boys.

me_duck_hunting.jpg

One of these days I'll have a beard as cool as Phil's.

BTW, the man's got a Masters Degree, and does a ton of charity and ministry work. You moonshine/deliverance hillbilly haters might want to engage your brain before your mouth (keyboard actually) next time.

Isn't it great these days that some just can't refrain from labeling those who have different opinions than their own as "haters".

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mschaefer

• Tom Avent

• rprovines

I was hoping there'd be something new or entertaining in this thread.

I have noted that in most posts, you could scratch out duck hunting and substitute deer hunting and the same folks would have made the same posts.

Not true, not true at all.

I've never posted anything about deer hunting.

Well then that was by choice, because there's been some pretty good threads about the blood thirsty, gore and guts, tree-sitting, shoot anything that moves on opening day, sons-a-#$*%&^#s.

#*$&^, what kind of idjit sits in trees in the winter waiting to kill something anyways? Complete lack of tradition, common blood thirst, no style. We could do without the deer hunters in the upland fraternity. Besides, they serve no purpose, if there's too many deer there'll be more harvested by autos.

And don't even get me started n the hound folks; coyote, mountain lion, hog, coon..... Yeah, sporting, run it up a tree or back it in a corner, then shoot it. Yeesh. Ranks with pheasant hunting.
But I'd love for someone to take me duck hunting to prove me wrong. Never done it with dekes and such, decoys not being sporting and all. But I'd sacrifice once just to able to be able to know whereof I speak when next I d@mn it.
This thread is so typical of what's going to end hunting all together. When we, as hunters, start to judge the methods of other hunters, rather than sticking together we're weakening our position against those who'd like to stop us.

If you don't like it, don't do it. If it's legal, it's legal. There's nothinf wrong with shooting for volume, so long as it falls within the law. If you don't like it, don't do it.

I'd bet this thread has done more damage to the sport of hunting, all hunting, than the TV program. The anti's would rather read these threads, and find ways to devide us, than watch the Duck Commanders.

Now I think I'll put on some tweed, and go duck hunting.

Why didn't you defend the young woman that shot her first grouse out of a tree then?

First off, I must say that I have never seen the DC show so I will stick with what I actually know.  Many years ago I went duck hunting with a friend who was blowing a call that for some reason interested me.  He told me it was a Duck Commander and that a guy named Phil Roberson had recently started selling them.  I looked Phil Robertson's number up in the phone book and called him the next day and he invited me over to his house.  I took him up on the offer and went over to buy one of his calls.  After several hours of talk and calling lessons, I left with one of his calls.  He was one of the nicest guys I ever met and taught me a lot about calling.  Don't know much about him today, but a person that nice probably won't change much with age.

I like the show; I tape it (along with the sadly-now-departed AGD) every week.

Those folks are pretty different from me; but they like to duck hunt, and so do I.

I was talking to brushbuster about it while grouse hunting, and was commenting that if you look beyond the beards, every one of the Robertsons seems to be pretty well-educated and articulate.

Isn't it great these days that some just can't refrain from labeling those who have different opinions than their own as "haters".

Hater.

Tom Avent - On the lighter side, I don't think I would share a blind with them. I would be afraid they might think my mouth is pretty and then tell me to drop my pants and squeal like a pig.

Seriously....I don't give a **** one way or the other. And honestly, I'm sure the Robertsons don't need anyone on UJ to stick up for them.

What does minimally annoy me is when folks write inflammatory **** and then cry foul when others get defensive. If you are going to call a guy (that many people obviously respect and enjoy) a sodomizing, inbreed redneck (yeah, I know it was a joke, and I know the movie), don't be surprised (and don't play the innocent) if you become "fair game".

I met Tom A. once and he seemed like a nice enough guy.  If he says the comment was tongue in cheek, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.  It wouldn't be the first time that an attempt at humor backfired on a bulletin board.

Hater.

Thornvalley, I'm sorry that I don't share your love of your Duck Commander show.  I'm also sorry that you can't appreciate some of the humorous comments directed at that show.  All TV shows have their fans as well as those that aren't fans.  No need for you to take it personally.  A sense of humor really makes life more enjoyable.