REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Briarscratch

One purely selfish Christmas present

Thanks Bob.

Glad to see another person here understands the human heart and doesn't post some bullshitt about cats and killing them.

I'm in touch with my feline side....

ramshotz

I'm sorry about your cat too, Mr. Partridge. I've got a little yellow and white rescue cat that sits in my lap any time I'm at the computer. Crazy guy thinks he's part Brittany. Wouldn't feel right without him here.

ramshotz

Greg Hartman

Dave – very sorry to hear about your cat.  A good cat can get into your soul like a good dog.  Too damn bad our critters can’t live as long as we do.  Mine is elderly and ill after seventeen years of being a better hunter than me, but still squeezes onto the gunroom couch with me and the dogs every night.  

1-24-09-MaggieChaseandWinnieontheCo.jpg 

Anyone who needs to say bad things about cats to feel manly isn't much of a man to my mind.

As far as a purely selfish wish for “stuff”, there isn’t much I want, but I’d like a really nice custom .22 Hornet by a top tier maker on a Mauser or M70 action in the classic style.  My little shotgun battery has been complete for some time, but I’m still working on the rifles.  Given that I want to at least partly retire in a year or two, I’m feeling some pressure to make sure I own whatever the rifles I may need/want for the rest of my life before I can no longer afford such things.  There are two holes in the rifle battery – one of them is a good low intensity varminter.

bkelble

I would like any one of 3 things

1 A college degree for my wife followed by a good job.

2 A nice sxs 20 under 6 pounds with 26 inch tubes cyl/ic

3 January off to hunt doodles

Make that 4

4 A winning season for my basketball team.  We are 3 and 2 now that we just lost to the county rival today.

The Tigers to have kept Granderson and ditched Magglio instead...........

WPG Gizmo
A new Jeep set up the way I want it  :D

Chase
Two new knees, or a pair of hunting boots that don't leak and don't hurt my feet.

rprovines
I think probably the bone joints I had at 40. If I had one wish for myself.

vabirddog
Time, Hard to do anything and not feel some tugging right now.

A fully loaded Tacoma dual-cab, with cap, roof rack and rocket box. And a Montana Canvas wall tent with a wood stove. And a slush fund to take every fall off and live out of the setup above.

PaFlyfisher

Acceptance to graduate school for a Ph.D. in Biochem, I applied Thanksgiving morning.

A Ruger Gold label shotgun, or 16 bore RBL.

An Omega Railmaster watch, on the steel bracelet.

17inch MacBook Pro.

A real cap for my Tacoma, instead of the $50 Craiglist aluminum construction job Jonas has to ride under now. It is embarrassing for him.

Bede

PaFlyfisher
Purely selfish?

I wish my chocolate point Siamese male  that I buried today would just scratch his way out of the ground and hop back onto my desk.

Loved that cat.

Short of that, I'll take a Danish castle estate designed for driven shooting stocked with Scandanavian virgins.

You listening Santa?

Sorry to hear about your cat Dave.

WV Possum
For me it would be a Cape Buffalo Hunt!

APRock
A Fasttrack1 amphibious ATV.  Either that or a finished Epadneul Breton to add to the menagerie.

lee sykes

I would figure that getting a grouse would be pretty high on your list Lar's.

Can Santa do that??

Thanks Clint I have a grouse right behind my house thats been giving me fits. Can't tell you how many times I've saluted him.

You need to leave that bird to educate your dog Lars and go and find a stupid one to shoot.  I can't help you beypnd that. The two on my back forty have P.H.Ds  in Elmer Phudd deception.