REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
rprovines

Isn't it about time?

rprovines
..for a new look around here? How long ya been in business Brad? '02 maybe? Now lookee, your kids were actually kids then, we got us the same ole banner, the same ole layout on everything. C'mon, work with all that design talent you have. Small, incremental changes, carefully considered, that's the ticket. Ya got a grouse up there pasted in, ya got a woodcock, how about a sage grouse? Some bobs? A scaled quail perhaps? And, of course, the ringneck pheasant. Let's show the diversity here that you have in the membership. Can't stay on top without improvements y'know.

Pat Berry
Let's show the diversity here that you have in the membership.

I actually agree, even though the site graphics are talkin' my language.

Speaking of the diversity here, I would personally recommend putting the Obama "HOPE" logo in the advertising section to the left. Or maybe even at the top as one of the links.

PartridgeCartridge
Ya got a grouse up there pasted in, ya got a woodcock, how about a sage grouse? Some boobs?

Yessir!

wkburns

Ya got a grouse up there pasted in, ya got a woodcock, how about a sage grouse? Some boobs?

Yessir!

I agree! especially for the last choice.

Let's show the diversity here that you have in the membership. Can't stay on top without improvements y'know.

x 2 and can I get an "Amen?"

erik meade
I have some Wingmasters you could photograph for the new masthead.

trust me
A worn-out pair of boots and a dog collar on the masthead would be representative of most/all of us.  Just saying.

brymoore
Let's show the diversity here that you have in the membership. Can't stay on top without improvements y'know.

x 2 and can I get an "Amen?"

Amen - if you add a real partridge, chukar or hun.

Trappercase
Could you translate it all to French too... for our Canadien members.  Merci.

mschaefer
I'm still waiting for the paper newsletter.

JonR
Amen - if you add a real partridge, chukar or hun.

Or a Mearn's quail. I'm still not convinced they exist.

Or a Mearn's quail. I'm still not convinced they exist.

Agreed.

RookieEP
It pains me to admit when a hoosier is right, but that @*&$@! Ron is dead on and I ain't talking about his cholesterol.  UJ needs a good sprucing.  Some new paint, decals, curtains, hard wood floors.   UJ is no longer what it use to be its evolved into a whole different beast. Sure us ringnecks would like to see more pheasants but as Ron pointed out (not flushed) there is bobwhites, desert quail, sage grouse, huns, Himalayan snowcock, all kinds of diversity that needs to be included.  We know you have the time Brad by the fact you can putz around with UJ name titles like Marty.

nobirdshere

It is fine the way it is. The last time Brad "upgraded" the board and the color scheme changed to include blues and greens was completely intolerable. Thankfully, that was quickly fixed.  

I am a proponent of having a specific pheasant hunting forum, so the existing "bird dogs and hunting" forum needn't be polluted with on-going pheasant discussion. Otherwise, it is fine. Change is often overrated.

That's mighty liberal of ya, Ron. Admittedly, it would be far more appropriately politically correct to include all of the upland diversity and try to please everyone. Why not? In a world where even the losers get a trophy to avoid hurt feelings, the elusive Himalayan Snowcock (or even the not so elusive "phez") should indeed be festooned across the top of the page.

Oh lo-ord, Kumbaya........

Brad Eden
Nope. Thanks for asking though.