REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
rprovines

Isn't it about time?

bobman
Nope. Thanks for asking though.

good I like it as is

Honestly, what's the concern with having the site reflect a broader (and more accurate) demographic represented here?

Pat Berry
Honestly, what's the concern with having the site reflect a broader (and more accurate) demographic represented here?

Hmmm, that's a tough one. I'll have to think on that for a while.

Ooh, got it: because Ron suggested it.

Well, thanks for being open-minded, anyway.

Brad Eden

Like an old pair of boots; a worn dog collar; Filson chaps in tatters, an old farting birdog, the smell of Hoppes (Had to add that). The site layout I mean, not Ron.

The masthead and left column of ads etc is standard on all site pages including Upland Talk BB page. I'm not planning to change any of the site layout any time soon. Nobody goes (or went) to the magazine side of the site and that's basically why it has 6+ years of dust on it. Once visitors discover the board they pitch their tent and rarely venture from the campground.

The BB itself is a separate code/software that doesn't offer a lot of design flexibility. I've thought about breaking the board apart from the UJ site itself as far as URL access. If I did I would just throw a new banner at top like other BB's that arent embedded in a website. I'd probably put photos of a porcupine, a mt lion, a few feral cats, wolves, coyotes, ATV's and pheasant load shells there.

Brad Eden

Well, thanks for being open-minded, anyway.

No problem. Its what I do.

mschaefer
The BB itself is a separate code/software that doesn't offer a lot of design flexibility. I've thought about breaking the board apart from the UJ site itself as far as URL access. If I did I would just throw a new banner at top like other BB's that arent embedded in a website. I'd probably put photos of a porcupine, a mt lion, a few feral cats, wolves, coyotes, ATV's and pheasant load shells there.

You could put a picture of Timmy in his orange sausage casing on there and probably gain some hits from the "whips and leather" crowd he talks about all the time.

Rex Hoppie

This is the best looking site on the web.

Watch out what you ask for.

This is the best looking site on the web if you are an upland hunter from the Northeast.

Watch out what you ask for.

Fixt.

Rex Hoppie
The North East what?

nobirdshere

There have been reports and poignant photo essays posted from all over the country (and even Canada!). During an average hunting season, one typically does not need to scroll below the first page to find photos taken in the mountains of Nevada/Idaho/Utah/Washington, etc., the deserts of Arizona, or the plains of Saskatchewan or the Dakotas. Actually, I would be willing to wager these vastly outnumber poignant photos essays from the apple strewn, overgrown failed farms of New England.

Does the fact the mascot is a piece of fine original artwork featuring a ruffed grouse, or that the banner features a photo a Brad's Springer and some woodcock really inhibit those members from outside of New England from participating? It certainly appears the answer is no.  

Now, if those members posting their poignant photo essays from far away lands featuring birds other than woodcock and ruffed grouse were openly ostracized and shunned, that would be another matter. For the most part, these contributions appear genuinely appreciated by those that view them and choose to comment.

It is heartening to learn that hypersensitivity and a perverse sense of equitable fairness may provide common ground for us all.

This land is my land, this land is your land.......

Who's runnin' this show??

Is this the start of the proletariate rising up against the ruling class? A bloodless coup in the making? The rabble rouser at work once again seeking his power from the people?

Sometimes, cancer has to be removed... or it kills the patient.

Matt Crawford

To be fair, I don't base my hate and loathing based on the geo-physical location of somebody.

There are plenty of dickheads here in the Northeast.

Backlash
It is heartening to learn that hypersensitivity and a perverse sense of equitable fairness is not limited to those residing east of the Mississippi.

Lee?

Is that you?

To be fair, I don't base my hate and loathing based on the geo-physical location of somebody.

There are plenty of dickheads here in the Northeast.

Definitely no shortage!