would it be wrong

To PM members that just choose to toss grenades and run to keep that type of crap to themselves and off the board DUE TO THE FACT IT BRINGS OUT THE WORST IN PEOPLE?
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• rprovines

• lee sykes

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, but your not the police either, and trust me it all gets handled just fine, spend your time doing your thing on the board and let Brad deal with what he sees when he sees...he always does.
Adults handle things face to face normally, at least real adults.  I guess the cyber equivalent is the PM.  No reason to post a beef in public or ridicule someone on the internet.  Handle it in private.

While I understand your anguish, some members are going to "toss grenades" whenever they want, despite anyone attempting to control them.

Is there a way to ID them by their computer and after (3) strikes, restrict their use for a specified time or, eventually ban their participation?-Too Dogs

Let Brad handle it . The anonimity of the internet can create ''Big Balls'' and that person will never go away . Had that problem on the 16 Ga Society and finally the moderator shut that person down . No one else could !
In my experience, if you don't fuel a fire it will burn out. There are folks who just need to be ignored.
While I understand your anguish, some members are going to "toss grenades" whenever they want, despite anyone attempting to control them.

Is there a way to ID them by their computer and after (3) strikes, restrict their use for a specified time or, eventually ban their participation?-Too Dogs

Yea has put me on time out before....

He has banned

like it has been said...what you think is grenade, and what is a real greanade are likely two differnet things and Brad-alan deal with it just fine dont concern your self with policing the board...kick back and enjoy...and if there some one you dont particularly like, you can ignor them and you wont have to read thier posts.

Yea has put me on time out before....

He has banned

like it has been said...what you think is grenade, and what is a real greanade are likely two differnet things and Brad-alan deal with it just fine dont concern your self with policing the board...kick back and enjoy...and if there some one you dont particularly like, you can ignor them and you wont have to read thier posts.

Wrong, John. Brad and Alan shouldn't have to be the constanct policing force either. In fact, I think they get sick and tired of members abdicating responsibility for respectful, adult behavior. What the heck is so wrong with suggesting that we all try to take on the small but important burden for maintaining the culture, civility, and well-being of the board? Frankly, I appreciate it when members deal with disagreements via PM rather than airing their dirty laundry in various threads.

Good reminder, IMO.

To PM members that just choose to toss grenades and run to keep that type of crap to themselves and off the board DUE TO THE FACT IT BRINGS OUT THE WORST IN PEOPLE?

It is wise, I believe, to remember that YOU control YOUR response/actions. One may FEEL impelled to make a response, however it is made, yet that response is yours, my friend.

Best,

Brad-alan deal with it just fine dont concern your self with policing the board...kick back and enjoy...and if there some one you dont particularly like, you can ignor them and you wont have to read thier posts.

Wrong, John. Brad and Alan shouldn't have to be the constanct policing force either. In fact, I think they get sick and tired of members abdicating responsibility for respectful, adult behavior. What the heck is so wrong with suggesting that we all try to take on the small but important burden for maintaining the culture, civility, and well-being of the board? Frankly, I appreciate it when members deal with disagreements via PM rather than airing their dirty laundry in various threads.

Good reminder, IMO.

John, what you are suggesting is to do whatever you want, ignore all the rules of decorum and let the "police" deal with it, if you are caught. That is so wrong.

As to grenade tossers, I don't think that a PM is effective as a deterrent because most of them like to see their words in print and also, to watch the explosion.

Brad-alan deal with it just fine dont concern your self with policing the board...kick back and enjoy...and if there some one you dont particularly like, you can ignor them and you wont have to read thier posts.

Good reminder, IMO.

John, what you are suggesting is to do whatever you want, ignore all the rules of decorum and let the "police" deal with it, if you are caught. That is so wrong.

As to grenade tossers, I don't think that a PM is effective as a deterrent because most of them like to see their words in print and also, to watch the explosion.

ben you crack me up...

I am saying that its not your place nor his to go around PMing or posting like board nazis about what is right and wrong...

and yes we are free members and can post what ever we want and if the board Owner doesnt like and finds that it is unacceptable and violation of board rules he will tell you...that is his place.