• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• rprovines

• lee sykes

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Crawford

At the risk of having my pony tail pulled (again) in a PM, may I suggest, simply, that to ensure nobody's feelings get a boo-boo, that we adopt this greeting here on UJ?

Thanks for the consideration. You're all really swell.

XoXoXo

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2010 but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that Americans are necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere.

Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

Self policing through PM's has its positives and negatives. Sometimes it makes my job easier, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it makes a pariah out of the PMer, sometimes it doesn't. Depends. But with no self-policing by members in general this board wouldn't be here right now.
PartridgeCartridge
Pariah, noun, an outcast, any person or animal that is generally despised or avoided.

A pheasant would fit that description nicely.

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2010 but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that Americans are necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere.

Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

Sorry Matt. I read shorter than that!

Thanks to SydneyWI for this brilliant solution.  If you find that you're personally offended fill out this form and mail it rprovines who will then respond with some appropriately soothing advice on how to manage your feelings better.

hurt_feelings_report.jpg

I'm assuming that this was in reference to the mountaintop mining thread. Was it really such a big deal? Seemed like it remained a fairly civil, and actually quite informative, conversation as far as I could tell.
Almost Heaven GSP's

I didn't get a PM. That's good, No? Or is that bad?

"chirp chirp"  "chirp chirp"  "chirp chirp"

I hear Crickets... I know that can't be a good sign....

All I need are those emoticons with the middle finger to be added to the sidebar in the response section. I can't figure out how to add them on my own.
Matt Crawford

I'm assuming that this was in reference to the mountaintop mining thread. Was it really such a big deal? Seemed like it remained a fairly civil, and actually quite informative, conversation as far as I could tell.

No.

All I need are those emoticons with the middle finger to be added to the sidebar in the response section. I can't figure out how to add them on my own.

Just try writing "**** you." The computer auto generates the * when you spell a naughty word.