REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
drummer's stump

why buy the cow

Briarscratch

Yeah.  I just changed a shitty diaper, made breakfast and did a pile of dishes. Next it's off to talk about stuff and re-organize a closet.  But it is her birthday.  I usually don't have to re-organize closets.

Gotta run.  Need to break up a (wooden) knife fight between a 2 year old and a 5 year old.  

Lockie just sighed.

PartridgeCartridge

Perhaps this little short story will ease your pain Clint:

A man and a woman who had never met before, but were both married to other people, found themselves assigned to the same sleeping room on a Trans-continental train.

Though initially embarrassed and uneasy over sharing a room, they were both very tired and fell asleep quickly.....

He in the upper bunk and she in the lower.

At 1:00 AM, the man leaned down and gently woke the woman saying,

'Ma'am, I'm sorry to bother you, but would you be willing to reach into the closet to get me a second blanket? I'm awfully cold.

I have a better idea,' she replied . 'Just for tonight, let 's pretend that we're married.'

'Wow! That's a great idea!' he exclaimed.

'Good ,' she replied. 'Get your own friggin' blanket.'

After a moment of silence, he farted.

The End

mschaefer
If you haven't said "I do" yet, there's still time.... I'll pray for you.

Hunshatt
Clint, all my married buddies tell me it's a great thing to do, while reeling off the littany of reasons they arent allowed to go off bird hunting/fishing/training/shooting with me....... there's a reason it's called geting"hitched"  Have fun, I'll send you pictures of the the places I'm going 2010..... I'll even call and rub your nose in it. :p  :p

brymoore
Once you put a down payment on the cow with the intent to buy, if you don't follow-through with the purchase, the cow leaves.

PartridgeCartridge
Once you put a down payment on the cow with the intent to buy, if you don't follow-through with the purchase, the cow leaves.

Not all of them. Some keep hanging around the feed pen while they go dry.

B du B
While you're mulling that over you might want to cease and desist from any cow references when speaking about your bride.  It will only make your quietly desperate journey longer and more desperate. And don't fool yourself, there is no such thing as free milk.  

Good advice above.

And further, you need to spend less time with the Portly Pollack and more time with smarter people.  One of the most important pieces of advice you can take from older guys is that you need to learn when to speak, and when to shut up.  Calling your fiance  a cow is one of those times when you'd be better served by shutting up.

As Ol' Abe said, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

ScottGrush
Clint, all my married buddies tell me it's a great thing to do, while reeling off the littany of reasons they arent allowed to go off bird hunting/fishing/training/shooting with me....... there's a reason it's called geting"hitched"  Have fun, I'll send you pictures of the the places I'm going 2010..... I'll even call and rub your nose in it. :p  :p

Yeah marriage really affects my upland wanderings.  :p

I love my wife, without her in my life it would be a mere shell of what it is today.

Find the right woman for a life partner, love her hard, and hang on tight.

It doesn't get any better.

ssjetset
I'm lucky my wife lets me do as I please, if your intended is showing signs of the crazies :angry:  cut her loose man it will only get worse.         Bill

co_setter

I'm lucky my wife lets me do as I please, if your intended is showing signs of the crazies :angry:  cut her loose man it will only get worse.         Bill

Tis a big decision and if you have significant doubts going it - you better get it settled sooner than later.

This message brought to you by Captain Obvious

WPG Gizmo

You better pray like hell she does not read this thread :D

Clint it could be worse you could end up like Tim :ghostface:

PartridgeCartridge

Have you considered renting versus owning? There is a strong financial argument to consider.

For instance:

ATT00000.jpg

Brad Eden

I love my wife, without her in my life it would be a mere shell of what it is today.

I would have ditto'd you til mine hit 50.

Marriage--is still betternmost though.

Its sorta fun acting like the downtrodden abused husband. its new to me, I feel like I am part of a big club.

Hunshatt
Clint, just use the google function on yur putter for your question, it'll give you insight to all kinds of things you don't have talent or brains to figure out.........

Hunshatt

Dude, is she looking over your shoulder???? or are you gonna get the grouse commander to forward it to her FB account, so you don't have to do the dishes tonight?