Sign in to follow this  
drummer's stump

why buy the cow

ScottGrush
Caig

Whats a Caig? :D

A insulated aluminum beer carrying vessel.  :p

FarmDog

As a 50 year old male who has never been married, these posts crack me up.  I have many friends who complain perpetually about their married lives.  Then I have those married friends whom I envy.  Sure, I can count the later in binary form but hey, I still envy them.

I went for a drive today in a snow storm just for the hell of it, then I ran the dog in the field and watch him grow ice on his muzzle as it was 10 F today.,

Then I came inside to enjoy a hot toddy and make some chili using some of the venison from my very own property, harvested a mere few weeks ago.

Now, I wish I had a woman by my side but she'd probably have to tell me how to make my chili (to suit her tastes) and then tell me what time I should go to bed, in between critiquing the antler on the wall decorum, amongst other things.

So, well there may be that "one" for me out there somewhere, I'll keep on keeping on and wish the rest of you the best.  I've been close to the whole "head over heels thing" before and they either left me or died, so I play my hand as before.  

Works for me until the next infatuation. :D

Robert Meister

in between critiquing the antler on the wall decorum

Yup, you've never been married because there is no such thing as antler wall decorum.

Brad Eden

I love my wife, sometimes.

I guess because I do have dead deer heads all over the a house and she wants me to hang my moose skull mount too. And I basically do whatever I want. Just lucky I guess, sometimes.

frugal pointer
On my second cow now.  I like this one a lot better than the first, I was young and it was the first one I ever bought.   I still pay for the first but its worth it, I prefer being in a different pasture.  FP

rprovines

On my second cow now.  I like this one a lot better than the first, I was young and it was the first one I ever bought.   I still pay for the first but its worth it, I prefer being in a different pasture.  FP

I sure hope some of you young bucks are getting heifers. Lotta cow talk going on.

Runningdog

WOW this thread started at 9:49am and has 81 replies by 7:18pm on the same day is that a record?

Well hers my story dated my cow 5yrs, lived with her 5yrs. then married her going on 19yrs. thats 29yrs. and she still has me isn't she lucky.....

Tim

Quailbum

My wife - "Why are you smoking"?

Me - "Its till death do us part.... Just doin' my part".

PartridgeCartridge

My wife- "Do you know why men die before their wives do?"

Me- "Because they want to."

fuess

Clint,

You and I will have to have a "big/little" brother talk when we get to hunt in the next few weeks.  Just leave it at that!

Almost Heaven GSP's

$50.00 to get Married, $5,000.00 and half of everything you ever worked for to get a Divorce....... Just sayin.....

reality.jpg

North Dakota Hntr
Caig

Whats a Caig? :D

CAIG - Crotchety, Aging, Idiot, Goon.

Caig

SydneyWI

HappilyEverAfter.jpg

The biggest difficulty I've found with marriage is that it is EVERY DAY. On the weekends I spend with the dog at the cabin, I like being married just fine. But then I go home and by Monday night.......

Our dream house nowadays looks like a Duplex. Not for the rental income, his and hers houses under the same roof.

Wisconsin
I just ran the Internet/tv cable to the dog kennel, putting in the woodstove and mini bar this afternoon.

My wife of 27 years is helping me design and build a new kennel/office/workshop out back - pouring the slab and beginning construction next spring.  :)

Hmmm....here I just thought she loved me.  :(

Ken

Blair
One of my favorite quotes: "Am I not a man? And is not a man stupid? I’m a man. So I married. Wife, children, house, everything. The full catastrophe."  Zorba The Greek