REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Which 2 Teams make it to the Super Bowl?

What are your two picks to make it to the Super Bowl?

First, the teams I'm hoping make it is New Orleans and either the Colts or San Diego.

But so many times, it's the teams that play the best at the end of the season -- and that means Dallas in the NFC. But, as a #3 seed, they have to play and extra game. That's taxing when you're talking play-offs.

Minnesota with Brett Favre means that anything can happen. You never want to beat against him, but most likley their first game will be against Dallas. Right now, I don't think anyone wants to go against Dallas.

New Orleans, as the #1 Seed, won't play Dallas in the 2nd Round. That's huge, and if the Vikings play them and win prior to playing New Orleans they will have been in a real dog fight.

New Orleans has lost it's last 3 games, and has not played well in 47 days. Not good.

Tough call, but right now Dallas is playing the best, and I would bet it's them who goes into the Super Bowl representing the NFC.

AFC? Looks like it between Colts, Chargers, and maybe New England. The Colts have the best player in the game in Manning, but the Chargers are a better overall team. New England is hurt in too many places. Very tough call, but I'd bet on the Chargers.

My betting picks are the Chargers versus the Cowboys. My heart would like to see the Saints versus the Colts or the Chargers (a California team making it would be fine with me). Would love to see the Saints win it all.

This is most likely going to be the best post season ever. A lot of good games, and no sure fire favorite.

Your prediction?

Backlash

How ironic is it that of the four wildcard games this weekend, three are rematches of the final game of the regular season?  Only Baltimore playing The Patriots will not be a rematch.  

I like the Packers in the NFC as a darkhorse as all the Romosexuals will fold like oragami come crunch time.  Vikes too.  

In the AFC, NE is done without Welker and their defense can be pourous at times. Indy is one injury away from being an average team.  Look for San Diego to come out on top as they are clearly the hottest, as well as deepest team in the AFC.

Pack Vs Bolts is my rock solid, sure bet, Lock.....unless of coarse I am wrong.

ScottGrush
Cowboys v. Chargers

MTRookie76
Vikings vs Colts

Breakfast Boy

As much as I like my Packers and don't want to see all of the bandwagon Colts fans around here be happy...

I too think it will be the Vikes vs. Colts.

nobirdshere

Favre will find a way to personally blow it for the "Vikes" at some point during the playoffs. Look for the bewildered, deer in the headlights after 4 interceptions look on his face coming soon. Perhaps the tears will stream down his face at the press conference following while he blames his teammates for the loss. It might not be entirely Favre's fault even though it is his team. The Vikings are cursed and doomed never to win a Superbowl just as the Cubs will never win another World Series.

The Cowboys will definitely implode as well and likely won't survive next week's game.

Colts or Chargers will represent the lowly AFC in the Superbowl.

jmooney
As much as I like my Packers and don't want to see all of the bandwagon Colts fans around here be happy...

+1

Again, it's hard to bet against Favre, as he has a way of making things happen that aren't supposed to.

Yet, the Vikings will most likely be playing the Cowboys at home, and if they win, the Saints away in New Orleans. The Cowboys are going to be a tough out, and surely a very tough physical game that will have some serious carry over into the NFC Championship Game.

Wish I had a crystal ball -- this year's play-offs are going to be fun and very exciting!!!!

mschaefer

In the AFC, I like the Chargers.  The Colts have been squeaking out games all year long.  IMO, at this time of year, momentum is key, and The Colts lost it when Caldwell quit on their perfect season.  I'd have liked the Pats, but losing Welker was crippling for them.  My sleeper in the AFC is the Ravens.  No team that plays defense the way they do is ever out of it.

In the NFC, I'd have like the Vikings if Phillie had won and gotten the bye so the Vikes would have had to play next weekend.  Again, the momentum they built up putting 30 on the Bears in the second half of last weeks Monday night game, carried over into their thrashing of the Giants.  Now they have two weeks for Childress to find a way to screw them up.  I think the Saints may be done for.  They've lost the ability to run the football, and have given momentum away.  I think Dallas will have a hard time beating Philly again.  Philly's coaching staff is too good to be confused by Dallas' spread for another week.  As much as I hate to say it, I see a good chance that Green Bay will come out of the NFC.

Phred
As much as I hate to say it, I see a good chance that Green Bay will come out of the NFC.

....and how many teams from pheasant country are in the play offs?  Just sayin'....

Backlash
As much as I hate to say it, I see a good chance that Green Bay will come out of the NFC.

....and how many teams from pheasant country are in the play offs?  Just sayin'....

All of 'em are.  Near as I can tell, pheasants are farmed darn near everywhere!

ccavacini

Dallas and San Diego

The Colts will still be resting their players.

gundogpa

Since my Steelers didn't make the playoffs I probably won't watch many games.

I think it will be Baltimore and Philadelphia.

LacysPop
I'm not sold on Dallas.  So they have won 3 straight, but they lost to the terrible Giants before that.  New Orleans is done.  Minnesota is.... well Minnesota, they might get there, but there is no way they win it all.  Chargers are the NFLs most complete team.  Its them over Philly/MN.