REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Which 2 Teams make it to the Super Bowl?

Might have to rethink my call.  Found out today what dogs some of the teams are in rushing.  Arizona 28th in the league--San Diego 31st, and coming in dead last at number 32--Indy.

Yes, but both San Diego and Indy run well in the red zone. Especially San Diego.

Both teams pass well. That's what their offense is geared to do.

Well, we know it won't be New England.

Snicker,snicker, snicker.

:D

WPG Gizmo

Joe may you slip on ice and bump your butt :D

Ugly Game for sure :down:

Things are looking good for New Orleans.

The team they play (Arizona) next week just gave up 45 points in a play-off game. That's usually a sign of a team that's not going to go too much further.

Dallas plays Minnesota, and that should be a very tough game, with some negative physical carry-over effects going into the following weeks game.

Still very difficult to make an accurate  prediction because Dallas is playing so well and Brett Favre is involved, but New Orleans has got to like what they see in front of them right now.

Road Warrior has to eat crow on his Packer prediction...

Oh well, it was an entertaining game.

I can't stand either Dallas or the Vikings, so that's a tough call.   :devil:

mn-az birds
We do know one thing, and you can probably count on it for at least 50 years: The packers will not be in another super bowl. It's the Favre curse. Just ask the Boston Redsocks what hapened when they traded Babe Ruth.

We do know one thing, and you can probably count on it for at least 50 years: The packers will not be in another super bowl. It's the Favre curse. Just ask the Boston Redsocks what hapened when they traded Babe Ruth.

Probably so.

We're used to long droughts anyway.

Downtown Bang!

Might have to rethink my call.  Found out today what dogs some of the teams are in rushing.  Arizona 28th in the league--San Diego 31st, and coming in dead last at number 32--Indy.

Not the same league we grew up with. Teams like those mentioned spread the defense out and attack all over the field. They only need to be able to run in the red zone and with enough success to set up the deep throws in play action.

Vikings are a good example too. They only righted the ship late when they opened it up. AP was at his most effective in the second half of the year after Farve started throwing it all over the field.

Baltimore won't win next week if Flacco throws for 34 yards again and the Jets won't win unless Sanchez can be a threat deep. Short of a turnover orgy like Brady provided SD & Indy offenses are too good and won't be outscored with the 3-yards and a cloud of dust deal.

B du B
Jets won't win unless Sanchez can be a threat deep. Short of a turnover orgy like Brady provided SD & Indy offenses are too good and won't be outscored with the 3-yards and a cloud of dust deal.

The deep ball is not Sanchez' problem.  In the last 4 games, he's thrown four balls for sure touchdowns, each of which would have been 70 yards or more.  In each case, the receiver was open by at least 5 yards, having beat his coverage like a drum, and Sanchez' pass was right on the money.

Unfortunately, each of the four balls was cleanly dropped.  Even more unfortunately, all 4 drops were by the same guy - Braylon Edwards.  His hands are stonier than a young Roberto Duran's...

BTW, the Raiders are a pretty good team NOW, but they need a new owner, a new coach, and a new QB. The rest of the team is pretty solid.

Gary, believe you are right.  The worst owner in the nfl is Al Davis followed pretty closely by Jerry Jones.  Davis has lost touch, Jones can't keep his hands off.  

Notice how well the cowboys are playing this year w/o jerry's 'boys such as TO, Pacman & Tank?  Bad locker room guys kill teams -- they should have all been charged with 1st degree murder.

Not sure about Cable, he seems to have made good progress at the end of the season.  You're qb is also a prima donna who could be great but thinks he already is.

As an avowed raidah hatah who hates the cowboys separately but equally, am not happy to see oakland rising and jerry getting a clue.  

Would love to see the ravens vs the cards.  Think I'll be seeing the colts vs the vikes.

Ralph Ford

I'm supposed to be supporting our hometown Colts,  But I am boycotting them for throwing the last two games, and giving up the perfect season.  Cancelled the Superbowl party and all.  If they don't want to win, I don't want to watch!!!

:ghostface:  :devil:

bigjohnsd
Chargers will defeat Vikings in 1st overtime with a defensive touchdown after interception of a tired Farve pass.

Still in the hunt, though the Vikes have a tough game this weekend!

WindyHills

Not the same league we grew up with. Teams like those mentioned spread the defense out and attack all over the field. They only need to be able to run in the red zone and with enough success to set up the deep throws in play action.

Vikings are a good example too. They only righted the ship late when they opened it up. AP was at his most effective in the second half of the year after Farve started throwing it all over the field.

Baltimore won't win next week if Flacco throws for 34 yards again and the Jets won't win unless Sanchez can be a threat deep. Short of a turnover orgy like Brady provided SD & Indy offenses are too good and won't be outscored with the 3-yards and a cloud of dust deal.

Some might question my sanity but I still stand by the need to have an effective running game as you get into the playoffs.  

Even the pack/cards game last weekend illustrates that, I believe.  Look at the lead the cards ran up.  They couldn't hold it and could easily have lost because they couldn't control the clock with an effective running game.  The packers caught up in part due to their running game being just effective enough to help keep the Cards offense off the field.  Had they not spotted the cards two touchdowns I believe the pack wins on the strength of their running game, which wasn't fantastic but did enough to balance things out.  

No you don't need to have a world beating running game, and yes you can use the pass to set up the run, but few teams that go all the way are so one dimensional.

Downtown Bang!

Some might question my sanity but I still stand by the need to have an effective running game as you get into the playoffs.  

Even the pack/cards game last weekend illustrates that, I believe.  Look at the lead the cards ran up.  They couldn't hold it and could easily have lost because they couldn't control the clock with an effective running game.  The packers caught up in part due to their running game being just effective enough to help keep the Cards offense off the field.  Had they not spotted the cards two touchdowns I believe the pack wins on the strength of their running game, which wasn't fantastic but did enough to balance things out.  

No you don't need to have a world beating running game, and yes you can use the pass to set up the run, but few teams that go all the way are so one dimensional.

Can't disagree with any of that and we are probably on the same page. Just saying don't put too much stock in statistics like total yards rushing, rushing yards per game etc.  I don't think it applies to teams set up like the Chargers, Colts, Cards & Saints. It's much more about quality than quantity.

The year the Colts won the Super Bowl they had terrible regular season stats for running and stopping the run. In the playoffs they beat three really good defenses (Ravens, Pats & Bears) by simply running effectively in the red zone and running well enough late in the game to manage the clock.

I think any of the three teams mentioned are real threats to win the Super Bowl and still not run for a hundred yards in any of the games.

Looking forward to the weekend. The games all look competative and should be fun to watch.

Bryan Lee

If Flacco can overcome his injury and hit some intermediate routes the Ravens will beat the Colts. If we can keep the Colts from stacking the box, our running game will make the difference. It would also be a big help if our secondary manages to avoid illegal contact/interference penalties.

Unfortunately I think Flacco is pretty hurt.

I'd like to see the Saints or Vikings represent the NFC.

Should be some good games coming up.

Bryan