REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Which 2 Teams make it to the Super Bowl?

nobirdshere

Favre will find a way to personally blow it for the "Vikes" at some point during the playoffs. Look for the bewildered, deer in the headlights after 4 interceptions look on his face coming soon.

Well said nobirdshere, but really, that wasn't much of a prediction, as that last minute performance was as predictable as the phases of the moon. Also, it was only two intercerptions and a fumble. One could bet the farm on Favre tossing a foolish and critical interception in the final seconds of an NFC Championship game, as that has how ALL of Favre's NFC Championship appearances have ended since 1997.

The Jet's future looks bright without Favre. The Packer's future looks bright with Favre. Someday, the Viking's future may be brighter when Favre is no longer at the helm (although they are doomed never to win a Superbowl as they are cursed). Ted Thompson might actually be a genius that only speaks like a doofus. Forcing Favre to honor his previously announced and weepy retirement was absolutely the right move.

Congratulations to the Saints, but they will need a much better game plan if they are going to compete with the Colts.

Pick: Colts, but I'll be cheering for the Saints and the city of New Orleans.

WindyHills

I thought the pack's future looked bright too, until Arizona TORCHED them to the tune of what?  50 some points?  For a top-ranked defensive unit, in a playoff game?  Something real wrong there, with the NFL being a copycat league there's some work to do before next year, perhaps starting with the defensive coaching.

Said it before, Rogers is a lot better choice to stick behind a suspect O-line than Favre.  I think Ted more than eanything could see that problem coming.  Shoring up the O-line--and replacing Phat Pat--are the vikes biggest problem before next year.  Might be nice if butterfingers Petersen can do a bit better job hanging onto the ball and making those trying to punch it out pay.  I believe the Vikes learned how not to contribute to the Favre will he/won't he circus by watching the packers.... :)

Dave Gowdey

If Payton lets the real Saints play and let's Brees pass the ball - the Super Bowl will be great.  I suspect more than 60 points between the two teams.  Then I pick the Saints by 10.  If Payton uses the same ridiculous running game we saw yesterday - I think the Colts will win by 17.  It'll be interesting to see which Saints team shows up.    

The Saints are a better team than we saw yesterday.  I don't know what it is about some coaches, but they get into the playoffs and they start channelling Woody Hayes.  3 yards and a cloud of dust - and no imagination.   Payton had an unimaginative game plan that didn't let Brees do much of anything that got them into the playoffs in the first place.  It's remarkable that they won - and that's due to the defense not the offense.  They may not have been able to stop the Vikings straight on - but the turnovers were the key to victory.  

Speaking of unimaginative coaches - as a result for the worst coached game for the Chargers since Marty Ball - Norv Turner got a two year extension.  Don't worry about the Chargers, they won't win a playoff game with this coaching staff.  Good players - the worst management and piss poor coaching.  The Chargers curse under Spanos.  

The Jets are not even going to take their division next year either.  People forget their lousy record because they played well in two playoff games.  They've a long way to go before they are real contenders.  That said Sanchez was good for a rookie.

Bryan Lee

GO SAINTS!! As much as I like P. Manning, it's always a good day when the Indy Irsays lose.

Bryan

The Jets are not even going to take their division next year either.  People forget their lousy record because they played well in two playoff games.  They've a long way to go before they are real contenders.  That said Sanchez was good for a rookie.

The Jets have one of the best O-Lines in the NFL. That's nothing to sneeze at, and one of the reasons Sanchez played so well.

In Revis, they have the best cornerback out there today, who's shown he can close down many of the best wide recievers in the game. That too, is an important factor.

Those 2 young running backs look like the real deal as well.

I don't know if they will win their division or not next year, but their future as a whole has to be looked at as being very bright. I would expect to see them in the play-offs next year as well.

B du B

The Jets have one of the best O-Lines in the NFL. That's nothing to sneeze at, and one of the reasons Sanchez played so well.

In Revis, they have the best cornerback out there today, who's shown he can close down many of the best wide recievers in the game. That too, is an important factor.

Those 2 young running backs look like the real deal as well.

I don't know if they will win their division or not next year, but their future as a whole has to be looked at as being very bright. I would expect to see them in the play-offs next year as well.

That's also the best defense in the league overall, with no significant free agents this winter, plus Kris Jenkins should be back to stop the run and push the pocket at nose tackle.  

And Leon Washington is one of the best third-down backs and kickoff/punt returners in the league, and he'll be back as well.

The Jets just need to draft/sign a No. 1 receiver, and if Sanchez continues to develop, they should be fine.

Downtown Bang!

I hope the Jets continue to step-up. Would be good for the Pats to have a legit year in year out competitor in that division.

Colts and Steeler fans are tired of the Chargers and Pats having too many easy division games every year.

Favre retired!

Both Favre and Adrian Peterson announced they are retiring and opening a bakery together specializing in turnovers!   :love:  :D  :love:  :D

WindyHills
Story of the game might be whether New Orleans hit men are allowed to go after Manning the way the refs allowed them to go after Favre.  As good as Manning is he has been prone to mistakes when hit late repeatedly in the past.

Downtown Bang!

Greg Williams the Saints DC has been openly talking about coming after Manning. Said they would take every hit to edge of the rules with the ultimate goal of putting Manning out of the game.

I say have at it. Manning is statistically the best QB against the blitz in the league. He has been surgical against pressure and will carve up a below average Saints secondary if they sell out. He did the same against the Jets and they have the best cornerback in football.

Last time Manning played a Greg Williams defense he was hit early and ultimately high/lowed in the second quarter just like Farve was on Sunday. Manning responded with 4 touchdown passes and buried the Redskins. If the DC is smart this is all smoke and mirrors and instead of being reckless they drop 8 or 9 guys back in coverage and turn the Colts into a dink & dunk offense.

The Manning who pressed and gave away  playoff games disappeared after the 2005 game against the Steelers.  Since 2006 he is 6-2 in the playoffs and was the only reason the two games they lost were close.

Go Saints! I hope they get to Manning. Brees will score some points.

I tend to agree with Downtown Bang!

To me, Manning is the best QB in the NFL, and if the Saints come after him too hard and too often, he will make them pay for it in getting rid of the ball early to an uncovered back or TE.

On the other hand, the Saints will have to show some pressure, and get after him on occasion. They will also have to disguise when it's coming.

As DTB! said, better to drop back into coverage, and cover those recievers. The Colts have a weak running game, at least from the stand point they finished last in rushing yardage in the league.

I heard the line is supposed to get to   Colts being favored by 6. I believe I would take the Saints plus 6.

DennisMcFeely

I tend to agree with Downtown Bang!

To me, Manning is the best QB in the NFL, and if the Saints come after him too hard and too often, he will make them pay for it in getting rid of the ball early to an uncovered back or TE.

Yep.  Fake the handoff and hit Dallas Clark on a quick slant.