Which 2 Teams make it to the Super Bowl?

Downtown Bang!

If Flacco can overcome his injury and hit some intermediate routes the Ravens will beat the Colts. If we can keep the Colts from stacking the box, our running game will make the difference. It would also be a big help if our secondary manages to avoid illegal contact/interference penalties.

Unfortunately I think Flacco is pretty hurt.

I'd like to see the Saints or Vikings represent the NFC.

Should be some good games coming up.

Bryan

In the interest of full disclosure here I'm a Colts fan.

Having said that I think the Ravens need to do a little more than have some success in the passing game Saturday night.

The Ravens offense needs to convert at least 2 and probably more like three touchdowns in the game. If the Colts D holds them to field goals in the red zone? Not good. The Colts are very underated when it comes to red zone defense.

IMO the Ravens also need to come out at least +2 in the turnover battle. If Manning and Company protects the ball and stays on the field they will score in the mid to high twenties. Probably more points than the ratbirds offense can overcome.

Not saying Baltimore is overmatched because they did exactly the above against a pretty good Pats squad last weekend. But it won't be simple and the margin for error is small. Ultimately I think the Colts prevail in a close one at home.

By the way Flacco wasn't on the injury report last I saw. Things might be looking up on that front.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WindyHills

• Downtown Bang!

• B du B

Whatever happens, and who ever wins, we will have 4 great Play-Off Games this weekend.

I can not ever remember when the field of 8 was so competitive, with every team capable of being the  Super Bowl Champion.

The NFL has to be very happy with the team balance at this point.

Chargers will defeat Vikings in 1st overtime with a defensive touchdown after interception of a tired Farve pass.

Still in the hunt, though the Vikes have a tough game this weekend!

Vikings Defense was sure impressive today.  They will need all of their D in New Orleans next weekend.  Superdome has good memories for Farve.  Noise will be a little tougher for him to deal with than at home but after his performance today I think he may be up to the task!

Lets see if the Chargers can make it through this afternoon as well.

Vikes/Colts Superbowl?  No?  Predictions?

Colts will definitely be in it unless good old Rex & the Jets can do what the Ravens couldn't, put pressure on Manning.

I'm really struggling with the NFC. I want to see the Vikings get a SB win (Not Favre, the Viking franchise) but I also want to see the Saints get into the big show since they've never been there.

Aw heck, Colts VS Saints with the Saints winning.

Bryan

It's very hard to bet against Favre and Manning. They both so often just find away to beat the other team.

The team I'll be going for, however is the Saints.

I think that Manning, Favre, and Brees are the 3 best QBs in the game today. Interesting they all made it to the Final Four.

Remembering that Vegas sets the point spread to get half the people to bet one way, and half to bet the other,-- and NOT a prediction of the margin of victory -- my guess is that the Saints-Vikes game will be a "pick-um", and the Colts will be favored by at least 7.

Chargers once again snatched defeat from the jaws of victory - Norv Turner proved why he has the NFL record he does - and I'm left wondering why I continue to be a Charger's fan.  Oh, well.  Go Saints!!
Downtown Bang!

To me the big question in the Saints/Vikes game is can the Vikes front four control the line of scrimmage like they did yesterday. If not I'm afraid Brees and company have a field day against a suspect secondary. Farve is having a great year but I don't think he can win a track meet on the road against the Saints.

For the Colts it will be a lot easier if they get a lead. If that happens Sanchez has to be more than a caretaker QB and good things will happen. If the Jets keep it close early it will stay close and be one of those games where a special teams play or a key turnover makes all the difference.

I find it funny that all the hype leading up to yesterday's game, everyone, members on UJ, the talking heads on sports channels, news print, all basically said that the Vikings should just forfeit because they couldn't stop the Cowboys.  

This playoff season has shown what it takes to be successful.  A defense, and a qb that isn't a spoiled brat.  A lot of people blame Norv Turner for the Chargers.  Was he playing?  No, was Turner making bad decisions?  No.  Rivers lacks leadership skills, when faced with adversity he crumbles.  Just like Jay Cutler and countless others. Those that lack leadership trend to lose.  

Say what you want about Favre, he's a leader.  Drew Brees was run out of New Orleans and instead of being a baby he's made the Saints a dominant force, Kurt Warner, how many pro athletes would have cried into retirement if there job was to be a back-up? Nope, he was a mentor and then made the most of his chance.