Which 2 Teams make it to the Super Bowl?

Manning, Favre, and Brees are the 3 best QBs in the game today. Interesting they all made it to the Final Four.

And Sanchez is the fourth.  He must feel like Laetner when they put him on the original Dream Team.

Hats off to the Jets who everyone barely mentioned.  They are doing it the way the Ravens did it when they won their SB: Good game management and a suffocating defense.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WindyHills

• Downtown Bang!

• B du B

This playoff season has shown what it takes to be successful.  A defense, and a qb that isn't a spoiled brat.  A lot of people blame Norv Turner for the Chargers.  Was he playing?  No, was Turner making bad decisions?  No.  Rivers lacks leadership skills, when faced with adversity he crumbles.  Just like Jay Cutler and countless others. Those that lack leadership trend to lose.  

I grew up with Norv Turner, and one of my high school best friends was his roommate up at Oregon. I've followed his career closely, and really want to see him succeed.

You are spot on  with your accessment here. Norv did his part as a coach just fine, and he can't make up for Phillip Rivers and Kicker Nate Kaeding pissing up a rope like they both did.

I did not agree with Norv's decision with the onside kick, however -- and said so at the time they lined up for it. I would have kicked it away and pinned the Jets down field. Odds are, with poor field position, they would have punted on that 4th down.

But Norv did not lose the game for the Chargers. Pin that one on Rivers and Kaeding.

IMO the Jet's O-line are the ones responsible for getting them where they are.  Best in the game and maybe one for all time, they are pretty darn good.  

I think if you stuck Rogers or Romo or Rivers behind that line you'd see Sanchez still has a ways to go.  But he's been efficient and careful enough, more than one team has gone all the way with that model.  

I just don't know if they can run up enough points on the Colts to win, but with that line and running game, they have a chance to keep Manning and company off the field.  

Got no predictions on the other game other than I expect it will be a great one.  Not sure the home dome effect will be as great as it has been against other teams--Vikes took down the Saints there in a big monday night game last year (if I recall correctly they were rolling pretty good before that game), and Favre has had some good last game success there.  I think the vikes are a bit more banged up so health might be a factor.

Was nice to excise some demons yesterday though it appears it upset Brookings and a few others.  The immaculate push-off seems a bit less egregious somehow.  One of Favre's comments after the game was a distinct memory of Dallas going for a field goal record against the pack late in a game already decided some years back, so I kinda wonder if the last TD was an audible.

Manning, Favre, and Brees are the 3 best QBs in the game today. Interesting they all made it to the Final Four.

And Sanchez is the fourth.  He must feel like Laetner when they put him on the original Dream Team.

Hats off to the Jets who everyone barely mentioned.  They are doing it the way the Ravens did it when they won their SB: Good game management and a suffocating defense.

There's a number of other QBs I would rate ahead of Sanchez at this point in time. Ever hear of a guy named Warner?

But Sanchez is very good, and has a very bright future in front of him.

Watching those two games yesterday was just plain NFL fun!

Wouldn't it be interesting to see a Sanchez/Favre match up?

The rookie and the old man?

I have no idea who might win the Vikings/Saints game, but I have a feeling that Favre is going to show up at his best and his best gets it done.

I don't like the Colts, so regardless of my common sense--I call the Jets for that game.

Like I said earlier in the thread, "even the Jets could go all the way".

What a great game that was!

Cowboys v. Chargers

I'm out.  :(

Glad I stopped gambling.

I picked them as well -- they both played very well in the last month of the season, and gave every indication of being capable of going all the way. Heck, San Diego won it's last 11 games.

Yet, we all new going in that any of the teams could make it to the Super Bowl. The Jets are for real, and just may have the best O-Line in the game. Certainly one of the best.

And having a shut-down corner like Revis is a huge advantage. But the Colts have Manning, and I'd still bet Colts, but I wouldn't put it passed the Jets to win this one.

Drew Brees was run out of New Orleans and instead of being a baby he's made the Saints a dominant force,

You mean San Diego, don't you? I'd hate to try to run Brees out of New Orleans these days ....

Sanchez and the Jets remind of the Baltimore Ravens with Trent Dilfer at the helm the year they won it all.

A QB that manages the game and takes care of the ball, a running game better than average, and a lockdown defense with a standout cornerback.

Chargers will defeat Vikings in 1st overtime with a defensive touchdown after interception of a tired Farve pass.

Still in the hunt, though the Vikes have a tough game this weekend!

Vikings Defense was sure impressive today.  They will need all of their D in New Orleans next weekend.  Superdome has good memories for Farve.  Noise will be a little tougher for him to deal with than at home but after his performance today I think he may be up to the task!

Lets see if the Chargers can make it through this afternoon as well.

The Penalties incurred by the undisciplined Charger players sounded their death knell.  The performance by their ProBowl kicker just sealed their fate.

What a sorry performance, unforced errors creating dumb penalties, by supposed professionals.

Jets and Vikings?

Both have tough games to get through next weekend!

A great playoff series so far.

I think what's playing big right now, is that the teams that rested their starting players at the end of the season, and didn't worry about winning meaningless games, did the right thing as far as advancing in the Play-Offs.

The Colts, Saints, and Vikes all rested their star players, and lost season's end games they really should not have. The Saints and Colts both threw their potential  perfect season records out the window, and upset many of their fans.

Meanwhile, San Diego and Dallas had to continue to play hard, and were not as rested.

This all is plain as day, and is not a good thing for the integrety of the NFL if it carries on in the future -- which it most likely will.

Good related article here:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010....ex.html

Gary, I agree with you on the Colts and Saints, but the Vikings didn't rest their starters for the final game of the season in a blowout win against the Giants.  They had to win that game to have a chance at a first round bye.  Granted Favre and Co were pulled in the 3rd quarter because of the score, but they played hard up until then.

Gary, I agree with you on the Colts and Saints, but the Vikings didn't rest their starters for the final game of the season in a blowout win against the Giants.  They had to win that game to have a chance at a first round bye.  Granted Favre and Co were pulled in the 3rd quarter because of the score, but they played hard up until then.

True enough, but they did rest them for half a game, and didn't really go after either The Panthers in Week 15 nor the Bears (until it was too late) in Week 16. With a full effort, they would have won both games in Week 15 and 16.

They didn't take the games off like the Colts and Saints did, but they surely were not going full tilt.