Cant Lose Woodcock Recipe

12 hours ago, 1971snipe said:

This question probably belongs in another, more appropriate, thread, but - how long is too long for a woodcock to age/hang in the fridge before picking or skinning?  Would you consider birds that have aged a week in the fridge ok?  Two weeks?  I know a guy that aged snipe for 3 weeks.  

Depending on how cool the weather I usually hang woodcock outside for 3-4 days or put in the fridge whole and unplucked for the same amount of time. More out of laziness than purposeful aging. I wouldn’t feel comfortable aging them any longer than that. I dont gut then either and have never had any issues.

14wclimit.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ben Hong

• Brad Eden

• chickenhunterbob

• 12ette

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The cant lose woodcock/venison/waterfowl/gamebird recipe 6-8 Woodcock -feeds 3 or 4 people Fillet off breasts of the woodcock w/no skin Cut off legs w/thigh, w/no skin. Mix a marinade w/this:

Holy (friken) cow!   This is good. I cooked up a few tonight just as Brad originally specified.  Delicious! The only change I made was to reduce the marinade and make a sauce to pour ov

Happy 2017 T Day to all! Well we nixed the turkey till later, and did Mr Hong's Cant Lose recipe on some Michigan WC. It was awesom. As usual, didn't exactly follow the recipe, subbed in some nic

Posted Images

Prepared the recipe tonite with three woodcock. Wife says to cook it again! Luckily three more in the freezer!