• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• bobman

• River19

• drummer's stump

I hope it isn't pointed towards the house.

Towards the barn. I want to take the barn down anyways and build a two car garage. If that new gear would sell I might be able to afford it.

Its a shame the rest of the world gets this

2005 2.5 L diesel D-4D DOHC I4, 134 hp (100 kW) - 156 hp (Asia, Europe, South Africa, South America)

And a solid front axle I believe.  They would sell those like hotcakes in the US.

northern_hunting_mom

The emission controls are different for Europe. The greenhouse gas emissions are similar (I think) but in North America there are additional requirements to reduce the noise, smell and color of the exhaust. On this side of the pond the diesel engine is still considered dirty. The little diesels just won't get the mileage they get over there due to additional emission controls that are required here.

I have seen more small/mid size cars with the 4 cyl diesel. They've cured the low end bogging and have quite a bit of snap to them now.

I've had Toyotas and Chevys.  I had problems with both.  Rust, brakes, differentials, ball joints, etc.  I now am on my second F150.....and am very pleased with durability, ride, handling, and looks.  Check out this video if you want to see a torture comparison of the Tundra, Silverado & F150.

I'm mad at Toyota.  Despite never needing anything but tires, wipers, and brakes my wife's 2002 Camry had to be DUG out of 3 feet of drifted snow.  I mean I couldn't just drive it out.  I expected the snow to all fly away when I started it.  This sucks, I hope they recall it.
I'm mad at Toyota.  Despite never needing anything but tires, wipers, and brakes my wife's 2002 Camry had to DUG out of 3 feet of drifted snow.  I mean I couldn't just drive it out.  I expected the snow to all fly away when I started it.  This sucks, I hope they recall it.

You can report this to Toyota and start a complaint file on your car. But when you sell it the CarFax will likely show that it wont repel snow.

I hate them all. On my third pos suburban, wife has a solara. Owned fords and chrysler products in the past. Worst investment one can possibly make. Spend $30,000 and five or six years later it's worth #$%^&. In the mean time you get hosed on insurance and repairs. It's just hard to find a bus that will take you to your favorite cover...