Fun game shooting practice weekend

PartridgeCartridge

PartridgeCartridge

I'm just throwing this out there for any of the NJ, Md, Del, PA, Northern Va folks.

I'm gonna shoot at Cedar Creek on Saturday or Sunday. My schedule is flexible and could accomodate either day.

Cedar Creek is a very interesting venue. Like most courses it has an "A" level (softer, easier targets, very hunter's clay like) and a "B" level (very advanced, tournament style targets)

What makes this place unique is the actuall difference between the two stations. Most of the A stations can be shot with light game style guns including sub gauges. Very fun.

The B stations on the other hand are pure evil, demonic presentations designed to take targets from you. Beautiful.

http://www.cedarcreeksportingclays.com/

Another venue option could be M & M Sporting. This place rocks too and is a world class venue. A real shooters course that can also be shot with game guns if you pick the right stations.

http://mmhunting.com/

Either place is heaven if you like to shoot flying.

We usually rent a few golf carts so we can bring several different grouse guns and a target gun and cases of ammo. This is a great way to carry many guns to each station with tons of ammo. Often, when Hunshat and I shoot together , our cart looks like the Beverly Hillbillies in transit. Pretty comical actually.

This is a very great way to get your toys out and play with them. We shoot the game guns on A and then shoot a heavy 12 on the B's.

Anyone is welcome to shoot either or both. There will be .410's, 32 ga, 28 ga, 24ga (maybe),  20 ga, 16 ga and 12's to shoot if you want to try something new.

This will not be a contest or a shootoff but an excellent way to get better fast in one day AND play with some of our toys. In fact, we won't keep any scores and just shoot for the pure fun and love of game guns and pulling the trigger.

The cost is approx $40/ hundred birds. Expect to shoot about 200.

I'm hoping to hear from some of the silent NJ members. Please PM me if you are interested with a contact # and a preferred day and venue and any questions.

Any and all are welcome.

*Warning*

Shooting is inherently addictive. PC accepts no responsibilities for your continued addiction or spousal arguments.

Please expect a strong post game activity after the guns get cased.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hunshatt

• PartridgeCartridge

• doodleridge2

• Brad Eden

You don't pay attention do you? maine was going to be duriong the week. I'm heading down Fri, dropping the princess at the johnny S. Kathi is going to the citey with her mom.
PartridgeCartridge

No problem. Well maybe a small problem. I'll try to get my camera charged in time. Hope you don't mind sharing a bed with Tedder.

I can't even imagine what room would smell like in the morning. The Horror.

I've got 2 dogs shipped off for the weekend, and a "probably" for the other 2, so it  looks like I might make it. Tim just doesn't want me to ever make it down there, cause he fears that I will become a better shooter than he is.

Ted

I would love to for you to at leas tbe as good, better would be fine to......rather than a browndog clone........

btw it's the birds that would be worried, not me

If you can leave 11ish on fri, you can ride down with us.

PartridgeCartridge

Note to self:

Buy large package of toilet paper, disinfectant by the gallon, flea powder and rubber sheets for guest room.

Tim just doesn't want me to ever make it down there, cause he fears that I will become a better shooter than he is.

Ted

that is funny...... Ive seen you shoot, you dont have enough years left in your life

Tim just doesn't want me to ever make it down there, cause he fears that I will become a better shooter than he is.

Ted

that is funny...... Ive seen you shoot, you dont have enough years left in your life

Your standards are WAY TOO LOW!

This sounds very tempting, living in the artic circle for two months is driving me crazy......if Tim would bring four or five cases of 28 and 12ga shells for me to shoot?
It looks like we just missed the friutcake shoot(Go ahead and run with that) at Cedar Creek. I will come down just to see Timmy shoot,I hear he looks .I have some empty 16's for him as well.
I have some empty 16's for him as well.

Add a primer, wad, and a few pieces of shot and he is good to go......... so I heard :cool: