Fun game shooting practice weekend

PartridgeCartridge

What a fantastic weekend! If anybody has the chance to take Popa Smurf up on his offer, you should definitely take advantage of it. I learned more in a day of shooting with Popa Smurf, than in the last 3 years of shooting. I feel confident that I can break targets at every station now.

POPASMURFS001.jpg

We had a great time and met some more UJ'ers which is always fun. And somebody did grab my ass, but Im not sure who did it.

POPASMURFS002.jpg

POPASMURFS003.jpg

POPASMURFS011.jpg

POPASMURFS013.jpg

POPASMURFS007.jpg

Tim wanted to see how Popa Smurf sees the targets, so he shot many stations on his knees.

POPASMURFS017.jpg

POPASMURFS022.jpg

POPASMURFS021.jpg

The dinner after the shoot was one of the funniest I have ever been to.

POPASMURFS025.jpg

The alcohol was flowing freely, and things got a little blurry.

POPASMURFS023.jpg

POPASMURFS024.jpg

But the hangover was cured by some Belgian waffles (or not) and some maple syrup.

POPASMURFS029.jpg

POPASMURFS028.jpg

POPASMURFS027.jpg

We shot a few shells.

POPASMURFS018.jpg

Thanks to all for a great weekend! I can't wait to get down there to do it again.

Ted

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hunshatt

• PartridgeCartridge

• doodleridge2

• Brad Eden

Do we need a pigtail hat to learn how to shoot better?

I'll find out this weekend how good an instructor the smurf is.

It was fun I am sore from laughing so much!!! Smurfs instructions helped our shooting but I am having a great deal of trouble getting the PIGTAIL FLIP down....guess I will have to go down to Kids r Us and get one of those cool hats and work on the PIGTAIL FLIP till I get it right!

I tried unsuccsessfully to slip away with Tim's 20ga AYA and the Smurf's sweet little 410 AYA.....maybe next time I will be successful in slipping them into the backseat of my truck!!

It was great to meet the guys and I am hoping more of the UJer's come out and experience the fun we had.

frugal pointer
I had all my stuff packed and waited by the street since Friday, it got cold at night. Neither Tim nor Ted picked me up on the way by.  Guess I don't grab enough arse for them.  :down: FP
PartridgeCartridge

DSC_5939-1.jpg

That is a really cool pic. Mark finishing up crushing a simo pair, you can still see the gas in the action and the Nitro27 hull in midair.

That is cool, I still can't believe Al's grease gun cycled those 3/4oz loads! If Tim could only shoot as good as he takes pictures :down:  but he does do a Smurf impersonation that ROCKS! :D  :D
If Tim could only shoot as good as he takes pictures :down:  but he does do a Smurf impersonation that ROCKS! :D  :D

hey... easy now :glare: ...... I hit about 20 targets....... :down: out of 300-400 I shot at...... :sleepy:

Do you think we could get Ted to sit on the Smurf while I put that nice little 410 in my truck? ???    I thought about tying his pigtails to his zipper but was afraid he might break his neck when he tried to do the PIGTAIL FLIP! :D

"hey... easy now  ...... I hit about 20 targets.......  out of 300-400 I shot at...... "

Sorry, I forgot the rabbit targets laying in the snow!

Definitely a great time as usual.  Thanks to everyone for letting me shoot those beautiful guns.  Nice meeting many of you for the first time, hopefully we can do it again soon.  

And kudos to Ted, the guy game prepared with a grab-ass proof shooting belt.