Global warming???

this thread makes baby jesus cry.

Do you have proof of that? Or is it just more conjecture? And, are you speaking of Jesus of Nazareth? Or of a child born just north of the Rio Grande river early one morning? You have to be specific unless you're a climatologist. In weather it's always best estimation.

I'm sorry, I dont have an opinion (hard to believe I know), but that has to be two of the funniest damn things I've ever read on a forum!!

:laugh:  :laugh: !

.................and just 'reposted' in case someone missed it!?

Moe :D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rhode Island

• gungho

• rprovines

• Rick T

RSVP to Dave Gowdey, from the "religious determinist"(your words):

Ah Sweathopper...you have ventured off topic. I was not issueing a challenge for debate on my POV, I was just speaking from my POV. If it (the religious perview) means nothing to you, save for aggravation that you seemed need of venting, you then may typify the well-worn "Many are called, few are chosen"...sorry. And...if you think you have a debate in the offing with me...you don't with me, but who knows the mind of God?

Glad I have one less thing to worry about...although I do worry about ALGore, and I don't know why!!!

Is it getting hot in here?

Shotster

ps- I'm done here, so Bradford...do your worst (not that you are capable of "worst").

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The positive consequence of addressing global warming, whether real or contrived are lower emissions and improved air quality, increased fuel efficiency and a decreased dependence on foreign oil, development of alternative fuel sources and jobs required to do so.

The negative consequences of failing to deal with global warming (whether real or contrived) are steady prices on cheap foreign goods, a steady demand for foreign oil and high oil prices, less investment in alternative fuel sources and fewer jobs created in development of those technologies.

I'm going to err on the side of cleaner air, lower fuel consumption, domestic jobs, and not lining the pockets of OPEC.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The positive consequence of addressing global warming, whether real or contrived are lower emissions and improved air quality, increased fuel efficiency and a decreased dependence on foreign oil, development of alternative fuel sources and jobs required to do so.

The negative consequences of failing to deal with global warming (whether real or contrived) are steady prices on cheap foreign goods, a steady demand for foreign oil and high oil prices, less investment in alternative fuel sources and fewer jobs created in development of those technologies.

I'm going to err on the side of cleaner air, lower fuel consumption, domestic jobs, and not lining the pockets of OPEC.

yes but the air quality you speak of is not "normal" it is the current state of the abnormal after effect of having been struck by asteroid/comet and having entered an ice age that is still ending on a planet that is in recovery.  

besides what is being done about our dying star?  Life on earth is doomed.

Death for all life here is a garuntee once our star dies...

Where are the save our star organizations?

That is a 3 billion year time line and is far more pressing than the pittance emissions from cars, factories and cow poop.

Ahhhhh, but:

Almost all windpower mills installed in Texas are built overseas. I very often see the huge pieces of the windpower mills being trucked into west Texas. These huge projects employ only a few hundred permanent employees once constructed. So much for thousands of US green jobs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vestas

And the chief UK global warmist admits the earth has NOT warmed since at least 1995 and that the climate in Medieval times may have been warmer than it is now:

nised.html" target="_blank">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news....ed.html

Also please explain how man made global warming theory is changed by the recent numerous ERRORS and LIES found in the so-called reports on global warming by the UN IPCC? Errors/lies such as no, the glaciers in the Himalayas are not actually going to melt by 2035, and no, the Amazon rainforests are actually NOT being shrunk by global warming, and oh yes, the oceans are NOT actually going to rise by 80 cm??? And oh, the surface temperatures used by the East Anglian CRU are actually wrong for many reporting stations, especailly those in Russia?? Which have been refuted by Russian scientists as opposed to political hacks in the UN??

And finally could you please tell us how the country is actually going to PAY for the trillions of dollars in supposed climate change relief measures proposed by Al Gore and his acolytes??  When we are already TRILLIONS of dollars in debt thanks to the current administration??

Just a few questions here.

When we are already TRILLIONS of dollars in debt thanks to the current administration??

Ummm . . . haven't we been trillions of dollars in debt for a long time?

natdebt.gif

You are missing some big negatives:

"Going Green" by conserving energy is a good thing.  I am always for saving a buck.  And I would like to be less dependent on foreign oil.

But "Going Green" by the way we are doing it and/or proposing to do it will result in  higher energy prices, a lower standard of living, and higher unempolyment..  Unless your are independently wealthy, it means:

> Fewer long trips to hunt birds or anything else

> less for retirement

> less for your kid's education

> fewer nights out with your mate

> etc.

So as opposed to higher energy taxes and "windmills"   that would go away without tax incentives, let's drill for oil in North  Alaska and offshore in CA & OR.  Let's build 100 nuclear power plants in 20 years.  etc.  Let's make domenstic energy cheap and plentiful.

I'm not for lining the pockets of OPEC either; congress has for decades refused to let the "Saudi Arabia" from being developed in the western states;.....talk about American jobs!!

I must admit, I like the recent talk about atomic power plants.

When we are already TRILLIONS of dollars in debt thanks to the current administration??

natdebt.gif

Yep and the debt is the real problem we face we should be concentrating on it

natdebt.gif

Yep and the debt is the real problem we face we should be concentrating on it

Amen.  The national debt is the ticking time bomb we should be working on, not global warming/change/cooling.

Looking at the graph ought to make anybody cringe.  What if that graph represented your household debt?  You'd be panicking, most likely.  We as a nation should have been panicking about this 10 years ago.

natdebt.gif

Why does it stop in 2005?

natdebt.gif

Because it's off that chart.

Because that's as far as the graph I found goes . . .

My point was only that our national debt has been over 1 trillion dollars and has increased steadily with every administration, Reagan to Bush (I and II) to Clinton to Obama.

To blame the current administration for our debt situation isn't telling the whole story.