Trucks vs. Suv's

4 door truck with a topper is my preference.  I like having the dogs in a seperate space in back along with all the gear.  The  only time I wish I had an SUV for the dogs is when it is really hot.  When it is very hot out I can put two crates on the back seats(intermediate sized) and the dogs are with me.  The draw back is that I can now only have one other passenger up front.  In cold weather I have a insulated kennel coverand hay that works really well.  If it is bitter cold and its just me and a buddy I put the kennels up front with us.  

I like being able to clean birds, tend to dogs, and drink beer on the tailgate. Throw the birds and empties in back and not worry about blood and feathers. After a trip or the season is ended I can spray out the back.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hunshatt

• fethrduster

• Greybeard

• frugal pointer

Starting this spring, Mahindra will start selling their 30 mpg, 2.2L common rail diesel 4wd pickups in the US.

Mahindra_Pickup_Truck_3-500x332.jpg

mahindra-scorpio-s14.jpg

That thing is awesome

I have an SUV, wish I had a truck.

+1. Most times.

+2

SUV+(DOG+SKUNK)   =   #$% ^&&*()_ $$#@!) ( )(&*^$+$500 to deoderize SUV

BINGO! Tha winnah!!

Just try driving several miles with a skunked dog and you will have a pick up from that day on.

Just try driving several miles with a skunked dog and you will have a pick up from that day on.

When I was a kid just out of the army I had a 66 beetle. The cable mechanism that operated the door windows had failed and being a broke college kid I just put a bolt thru the doors to hold the windows permantly shut it was Wisconsin and cold.

SO  I'm cruising down the road and a rooster sails across the road into a field, I stop let the lab out he flushes the rooster and I drop it. The dog goes in for the retrieve and comes back with the biggest pissed off skunk in the state of Wisconsin. :D

I couldn't roll the windows down and it was a long drive home, never did get the rooster and my car was stinky for about a year.

fethrduster
The crew cab truck with the cap does sound like the real deal.  Jeep was supposed to come out with a Wrangler truck too, which I would have loved to see, but it went bye bye.  I was just scanning the paper this morning, and a dealer was offering a new full size Chev Silverado reg. cab 4x4, 4.8l v8, auto, air, and locking rear differential, for only $17.800.  Wow.  Put a cap on with an auxiliary heater in the back, and your basic hunting rig is all there.
Men drive trucks.

pheasant hunters drive suv's.

I think out west we would say someting about real men and women drive trucks, posers drive SUV's.

Greg Hartman
Men drive trucks.

I think out west we would say someting about real men and women drive trucks, posers drive SUV's.

Out west - where the men are men; and the women are, too.

Men drive trucks.

Out west.... where men are men and sheep are nervous

It is not just skunks.  I pheasant hunted in Iowa late in December one year.  I pulled into my uncle's field for the last hunt of my trip, got out and closed the truck door.  A couple hundred pheasant got up from the ditch and ran across the road on to the neighboring farm.  I got back in the truck, drove across the street and got permission to hunt the property.  What the farmer failed to tell me was that he had just finished laying manure in the field we were about to hunt (we being me and a lab).  Half an hour of died and gone to heaven rolling in field muck later we packed up for the 8 hour drive home.  That SUV was a a very fragrant vehicle.

Phred

Pickup Driver

I am currently shopping to replace a 10 year old Durango and have been looking at SUV's but been pretty disappointed.  One of the problems I find with the newer SUV's is the lack of a true low range.  Often I want to crawl through the tough/tight spots and not having 4 low could be a real pain.  

I handle most of the mess issue with a liner that takes most of the abuse and can be taken out and cleaned.  The aroma of wet dog is less appealing.  To bad they don't make the mini van type wing windows that would allow you to exhaust the stink out the back of the SUV.

Men drive trucks.

Out west.... where men are men and sheep are nervous

Out west... where i have a real poser MB ML diesel SUV 4x4 in the garage and the 2 trucks in the driveway, very near San Fran......

Men drive trucks.

Out west.... where men are men and NANCY PELOSI is  nervous

Out west... where i have a real poser MB ML diesel SUV 4x4 in the garage and the 2 trucks in the driveway, very near San Fran......

yea, we saw the pelosi comment....... whatever :glare:

Men drive trucks.

Out west.... where men are men and NANCY PELOSI is  nervous

yea, we saw the pelosi comment....... whatever :glare:

Am i sensing a hint of the "green monster", did it hurt your delicate sensibilities that i included PC/Brad/Drummer in my statement about men in Chaps?  

Ok, to soothe the savage beast, "The Evil Clown is a paragon of a Man, we are not worthy"  Now do you feel better?  I should have known your fragile ego would wilt when compared to MEN, my humblest apology.