Got my census

ANF grousin

Ok, question 1 was easy, how many people live here

Now question #2, wants to know if there are any additional people living here on April 1.  Does this mean I cant send this back until then, since I still have 3 weeks to make up my mind if I want to sneak in a part time hussy?

Question 3, they forgot park bench, local Y, under the bridge, etc.

Question 4, yeah right, you aint getting my phone number.

Question 6, they forgot transvestite :devil:

Question 7, age and birthdate.... do they really need both?

Questions 8 & 9 on your race.  Thought racial profiling wasnt allowed in this country.

Best part is I had mine hand delivered since the government PO doesnt know my address exists, even though this house has been here for over 60 years.

Good part #2.  Census people wanted to use our gun club for a staging area when they manually go out to count.  We were told we would need to bring the building up to code for the disability act, and have an occupancy permit, and of course any liability was on us.  For this, they would have paid us the whopping sum of ZERO, ZIP, ZILCH, NADDA.  Guess where they wont be playing their games.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ANF grousin

• rprovines

• Spin

• Dan Voss

Fine job there sir.

Question 6, they forgot transvestite :devil:

THis could be important information in Massachusetts and XX in the east, California in the west, and New Orleans. Substantial percentage of denizens citizens meet that criteria.

L. Gallagher

Do you have a garage attached to your house? How far do you have to go to get to work?

Why, planning on building a mass transit system in northern Michigan?

The whole thing is absurd...and we spent how many billion dollars creating this debacle?

What I love is where they tell you what happens if you don't fill out it entirely...and honestly...you get a visit from a census taker that they haven't been able to hire up here because no one thinks $12 an hour is worth being attacked by a dog or having a gun stuck in their face...LOL

So the census taker doesn't find you...then, I guess, the FBI does...and you can be jailed or pay up to $5000 or both. Now, that's really gonna help the economy, isn't it?

What happened to the word free in this country...

For some reason we received our census more than a month ago...

Yep terrible imposition on our freedom, our constitional rights, Wait a minute you mean the founding fathers provided for the Census in the Constitution. Opps guess I didn't know what the Hell I was complaining about - again. Sorry

Spin :unclesam:

LivermushBiscuit

Here is a pertinent video.  Being counted is one thing, being scrutinized under a microscope is not what our Constitution provides for.  And requesting your personal info amounts to a violation of unlawful search and seizure.

The only leverage they have is your fear of "getting into trouble," because they have zero authority to mandate your compliance.

[FLASH=The Census Is Getting Personal,360][/FLASH]

Today, the controlling law for the U.S. Census is Title 13 of the U.S. Code. There is a lot of census data collected in the United States today, such as economic figures, sales and production figures, and agricultural statistics. Still, the head count is the only part of the census that is called for by the Constitution.
Since there was apparently some confusion on the part of Ron about my post, (mostly made in Jest) I was talking about discarding the census form (Shoot, shovel and shut up) and not the murder and burial of some hapless $10 per hr census taker.

Disagree? Yeah that and alot more

(you get a visit from a census taker that they haven't been able to hire up here because no one thinks $12 an hour is worth being attacked by a dog or having a gun stuck in their face...LOL)

Or the "government askin such intimate questions as;

Question 4, yeah right, you aint getting my phone number.

Question 6, they forgot transvestite  

Question 7, age and birthdate.... do they really need both?

Questions 8 & 9 on your race.  Thought racial profiling wasnt allowed in this country.

Best part is I had mine hand delivered since the government PO doesnt know my address exists, even though this house has been here for over 60 years.

Yep, imagine having to answer questions like the above examples listed above, I can't imagine ever giving out answers to these. Sex, DOB, Age, Address, Phone Number? Bet you've given out the answers to questions like these without batting an eye except if somehow it's the "Government"that's asking them. Yes I think people can be a tad more than difficult, and blind and foolish and pigheaded even to thier own detriment and unfortunately often to the detriment of others as well. Like I said it's a Pain sure but it's not all that much of a sacrifice. You're not dumb and I'm sure you can see where some of this information (a good deal of which is out there anyway) put together on a central data base can be useful if not vital to government in addressing it's various functions. And yes you do need and rely on government, we all do and we all too often take it way too much for granted. The census is a minor pain, yes but it's your Country, State, Family and friends that benifit and it's just not that big a deal.

Spin

Brad probably has most of that info on file...  I would bet I could find most if not all of that info in under 30 minutes online.

If you have ever had a traffic ticket in Ohio you go to the clerk of courts of whatever county's web site. That give you name, address, dob, make/model of car. Then you jump to the tax division and get a list of every property someone owns. Then you hit the domestic secton see if your name is there. Then the sex offenders.. So, why turn the dogs loose on some poor sucker that took a $12 an hour job instead unemployment. Most of that is on your hunting or fishing license.

ANF grousin

Spin, I dont know what country you are from, but my country has a constitution which is supposed to guide everything done in in this country.  Take notice, I said "supposed" to.

The census is set up to count people to determine how many representatives each state gets in congress and how many electoral votes each state gets towards electing a president.  Thats it, nothing more nothing less.  However the census has for many years been used to track personal information, mostly to determine how to redistribute the taxes you are forced to pay.  Everything and I mean everything on that paper the government already knows and more.  Its amazing, my address doesnt appear officially with the USPS, yet they sure know how to send me my tax forms.  I guarantee if I try to claim someone extra on my taxes they will be all over me.

You tell me why the census bureau(and remember what they are officially supposed to be doing) needs to know if I own a home,  what my age and sex is, and what race I am, and I'll glady tell you why you are reading way to much into the 2nd amendment and dont have the right to own guns that you think you have.

Spin, I dont know what country you are from, but my country has a constitution which is supposed to guide everything done in in this country.  Take notice, I said "supposed" to.

The census is set up to count people to determine how many representatives each state gets in congress and how many electoral votes each state gets towards electing a president.  Thats it, nothing more nothing less.  However the census has for many years been used to track personal information, mostly to determine how to redistribute the taxes you are forced to pay.  Everything and I mean everything on that paper the government already knows and more.  Its amazing, my address doesnt appear officially with the USPS, yet they sure know how to send me my tax forms.  I guarantee if I try to claim someone extra on my taxes they will be all over me.

You tell me why the census bureau(and remember what they are officially supposed to be doing) needs to know if I own a home,  what my age and sex is, and what race I am, and I'll glady tell you why you are reading way to much into the 2nd amendment and dont have the right to own guns that you think you have.

Thanks, very well put.

I see spring pruning got under way and Brad was lopping. Hey, sharpen those, that kind of stings.

And I have a real distrust of people that implicitly trust governments and use the "THey're only there for our good..." crap. In the first place, no-one can define 'our' or 'we' as priorities are hugely different.

The ten question census has been virtually the same ever since when.

We do a census because the US Constitution says we shall do so every 10 years. To not do one we would have to Ammend the Constitution and by not doing the census, a lot of people in the Government might become unemployed. We cant have higher unemployment, now can we?

There is apparently a 47 page hummdinger of a census for every one in a hundred homes. That is the one that wants to know way too many things and has lots of folks all in a tizzy.