My Dad passed last evening

shorthairgrousedog
I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your Dad. I hope the good memories stay with you forever.
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WPG Gizmo

• rprovines

• Spin

I really appreciate all the word from you folks it is a comfort to know that there are some nice people out there.  Things are pretty much over now just some family issues that we need to clear up my brothers and I the who gets what type of stuff.  

Our plan and what my Dad wanted is very simple he is to be cremated within the next day or so and later in the year when all the family is back in the area we will have a memorial service and spread his ashes at sea as he wanted.  

It is interesting to go through past papers that my Dad had. I knew he was in the Navy after WWII before Korea but what I didnt know was that he also worked in the development of the A Bomb and was involved in the testing that was done at sea.  

One thing he did love was his Scotch so if you have a chance tip one for him he would like that.

You are the best and a comfort in times of need.  My Family's thanks to you all

Gary,

Sorry to hear of your loss. Pam and I send our condolences, prayers, and thoughts to you and your family.

God Bless,

Pierre

MN Tonester
My condolences and best wishes to you.  Regrets - we've all got 'em and there's nothing we can do about them.  My dad isn't much longer for this world and we weren't close growing up - he was ruthlessly strict and finally getting away from home was a blessing.  Oddly enough, re-connecting with my brothers through hunting drew me a lot closer to my dad over the past fifteen+ years and I'm happy for that.  Sounds like you've got siblings to pull each other through and with whom you can forge even more memories.  Take care, my friend.