REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Kansas Bound

Playoff Hockey

Kansas Bound

OK it is so close I can taste it. Who is everyone picking?  

Are the Caps the leader of the class?

tricker
damn.... thought this was going to be about college hockey

kdvollmer
Being the Diehard fan that I am about my hometown team, I really want to BELIEVE the Wings will do it.  Deep down though, I know that really can't be expected this year.  Painful as that is to say.  As long as it isn't won by the Blackhawks, or the Pens, AND it stays in the US, I don't care.  Washington is surely looking good this year though, so time will tell.  Seems that their goaltending isn't as strong as many of the other teams, and come playoff time, that really can be a make or break difference.

Even though I am a Caps fan and they seem to be looking pretty good, I would not want to face Buffalo and Ryan Miller. He could win it all for them if he gets any support at all.

spice64
I say washington or vancouver but I Would have bet the farm on the wings last year and look what happend.

Ben Hong
I would not want to face Buffalo and Ryan Miller.

That's the gorilla in the wings.

It's way to early to predict anything, but Buff. with Miller is about as sure a bet as you can make right now...to do MAJOR damage.

versdog
Go Hawks.  Of course I have work when they will be on.  My luck.

John
BC won in commanding style yesterday.  Love the fast players on that team.

x Bred Pointer

I'm a Habs fan but actually found myself hoping the Leafs would have put them out of their misery Saturday night. Anyway, it will be 4 straight for the Caps in that one.(I think that's who they play)

I still kinda like the Pens to emerge again from the east and think its the Sharks' turn to do something in the playoffs from the west. Thornton has never showed up for the big show but think he'll be there this year with his strong supporting cast.

Ahhhhhhhh... best time of the year if you have a dog in the fight.

Go Pens!

Ben Hong
Anyway, it will be 4 straight for the Caps in that one.(I think that's who they play)

Bob, Da Habs played the Caps 4 times this year and took 2 wins and a tie from them (all 4 were 1 goal games or OT games). I too am a Habs fan, and I will say this for all to hear and see, that if there is to be an upset in the first round it will be the Habs over the Caps. Theodore will crack...phhffftttt.

I remember the 1971 series against the stacked Big Bad bruins (Orr, Espo, Cashman, Hodge, etc.) like it was yesterday :O  :laugh:

kdvollmer
WINGS all the way.  Ok, maybe not this year, but I can hope can't I??

x Bred Pointer
Anyway, it will be 4 straight for the Caps in that one.(I think that's who they play)

Bob, Da Habs played the Caps 4 times this year and took 2 wins and a tie from them (all 4 were 1 goal games or OT games). I too am a Habs fan, and I will say this for all to hear and see, that if there is to be an upset in the first round it will be the Habs over the Caps. Theodore will crack...phhffftttt.

I remember the 1971 series against the stacked Big Bad bruins (Orr, Espo, Cashman, Hodge, etc.) like it was yesterday :O  :laugh:

Ben,

I remember 71, 86 and 93 but this year it ain't goin to happen with this crew. Absolutely no guts on this team and that's hard for me to say.

Ben,

I would agree with you about the upset except one thing. At least in all the local press, the Caps are taking this round VERY serious. Of all the possible 1st round match-ups, this is the one the Caps were worried about. I don't get a sense of any cockiness out of the Caps at all. Of course, I'm not privy to what is being said in the locker room.

John

The Habs goalies are both worn out, this is typical of Habs hockey the past several season, strong regular season and no gas in the play offs.

JAn Jose ver colorado

Chicago over Nashvill in a long series

Vancouver over LA

Wings over Coyote

Caps over Habs

Flyers over devils

Sabers over Bruins

and

Pitt over Ottawa