Playoff Hockey

Interesting results last night. Hopefully, the trend does not continue.....

LET'S GO CAPS

You got that right.

Pens looked shy, almost timid for quite a while and sprung to life too late.  Fleury did not have a good game at all.

Still,

GO PENS!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ben Hong

• John

• x Bred Pointer

I'm a Habs fan but actually found myself hoping the Leafs would have put them out of their misery Saturday night. Anyway, it will be 4 straight for the Caps in that one.(I think that's who they play)

Oh ye of little faith. The bandwagon is getting full....

Mtl 3 vs Wash 2 (OT) :love:

I think the Caps are in trouble. This really is the worse possible match up for them. The Habs seem to play a style that does not allow the Caps to get going. Like a bunch of little gnats buzzing around.

But that's why they play the best of seven. Great entertainment though. I would give it up to bird hunt though.

Ovie looks very much not like himself...but he hasn't looked like himself since the suspension.

x Bred Pointer
I'm a Habs fan but actually found myself hoping the Leafs would have put them out of their misery Saturday night. Anyway, it will be 4 straight for the Caps in that one.(I think that's who they play)

Oh ye of little faith. The bandwagon is getting full....

Mtl 3 vs Wash 2 (OT) :love:

Ben,

They played great and I was proud of them but they better hope Ovie doesn't wake up like a hungry grizzly next game.

I would venture to bet the caps are likely done.

Hmmmm...after one game, don't believe any team is done.  If it were 0-2, I'd still take the Caps for the series, they are really good.  But I wouldn't bet on them then.  0-1, I'll bet on the Caps to still win.

GO PENS!

All right....the world seems back to normal somewhat after last night.

Here in the DC area Ovie is catching hell from the media. Either he folds and is never the same or the Habs better watch out because the beast is coming.

I'm betting on the former.

Goodness, there was some great hockey to watch! I stayed up till 2:30 AM  :D .

Regarding Ovechkin, I think he is gunshy from the suspension he got a couple of months ago because he is "holding back" a bit on his crash and bang style. Nevertheless I believe that he WILL be back as he is too good a player to be held back for 7 games.

If anyone watched the Pens' game last night, it will be noticed that Sid the Kid finally took ownership of the series. To put it graphically he was a +3, even though his team only scored 2 goals- 1 goal, 1 assist and 1 goal line save. He DOMINATED the game, which is what truly great players do. At his age (22?), he has accomplished more than any other player in history: Stanley Cup, Olympic Gold Medal, scoring titles, etc.etc. Gretzky and Mario took a little longer.

I have been a hockey fan for 60 years and watched some awesome players in that span, but I am starting to believe that Sidney Crosby will be the greatest of all the great ones I have seen.

Ovechkin is a good player but Sidney has that extra "Canadian something" that makes him GREAT. Ovechkin will never own or capture that essence.

Thomas Boswell is a pulitzer prize winning baseball writer who has been writing about the Caps this season.  He sums it up pretty well if the Caps expect to move forward.

Nope, I can't agree that the Habs are done. Like I said earlier, it'll be a 7 game series. The comeback win by the Caps was horrible but the Habs have dispelled the "unbeatable" image of the Caps from their minds. The achilles heel for the Caps will be goaltending.

Speaking of goalies, that second goal by Wash. should have been waved off due to goalie interference. On two Canadian panels of analysts, all 7 people thought that the refs screwed the pooch on that call. I hope that the Head office really has a good look at that non-call...for future reference.